585,679 active members*
5,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello
    I have a question:
    Does it make sense to program a completely milled surface with tool radius correction?
    Thank you in advance for your help
    <b></b>Vielen Dank f

It depends a little bit on the situation, but it’s rather an exception.

I use the radius correction only when I program a contour on the machine according to a sketch or if I have to mill a fit, otherwise I leave the CAM to calculate the centre point paths with the offset ...

What if he does not have a CAM? Does one need it for the face milling?
    If someone would take away the Cam system , I wonder whether there would still be a program that comes into existence.

With a cycle it makes sense to run with SRK.
    Eine Schraube ohne Gewinde ist ein Nagel<br /><br />Grüsse aus dem Harz - InTex<br />

Loneliness, what do you mean by offset?
    <b></b>Vielen Dank f

Loneliness, what do you mean by offset?

To avoid colliding with the work piece, I set the cutter radius as my offset. In addition, possibly even a security clearance.
    You can also set the offset to the value of the cutter radius to the right side if you have an internal contour (which is processed clockwise)
    Thus the equidistant shifts inwards, and the cutter moves exactly as programmed with SRK.
    Only to quote an example...
    Eine Schraube ohne Gewinde ist ein Nagel<br /><br />Grüsse aus dem Harz - InTex<br />

InTex I have no cam so do you think one should program the surface with the tool radius?
    The component part is a rectangle, I actually only wanted to mill over it; the rectangle is 200 mm long and 100 mm wide, I mill it with a 120 mm miller!

I wanted to mill it now with a 80 mm milling cutter so that’s why I ask if you do it with G41 / G42 or if you read out the radius and program with Tool_r?

Thank you in advance
    <b></b>Vielen Dank f

Hello and Greetings

No.
    If you only want to plan one level you can define it with the normal path commands.
    The tool radius correction comes into play when you have to process a contour.

Also consider that you give your miller or Meko- 3 / 4 load maximum.
    The grave of your machining and the material what are you processing are also important!
    For example
    You can offer your Meko 80mm maximum 60mm.
    Infeed and feed depend on your tool and what you are using.