584,841 active members*
4,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody

We have work to do on a BA 400 from SW with Siemens 840D controller. The machine has two clamping tables. When changing the table (palette) I first have to run the spindle empty – so virtually T0 L6. However I would have enough space to leave another tool in the spindle (during the tool change) Carriage interlock Q axis ( circular axis palette) is displayed as the error message. The spindle still contains a tool.

Now my question: Where can I define that the spindle still contains a tool with length X during the palette change? I have already looked at loads of cycles and subprograms, so I need further food for thought.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards...

hapo Guest
    The manufacturer has build in these safety option design for a reason. The expansion of the tools, expansion of the tools on the palette and its rotation radius are pretty difficult to monitor.
    To avoid a crash during the palette change, you have to unload the spindle first and then move it to a secure position. The whole lot is programmed in M6. However if you change something without consent of the manufacturer and if then a crash occurs- then you won’t have any warranty. And if any personal injury is involved, then you have a big problem.