585,970 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: define UGUD

Hello guys,
    I plan to build in a stop watch, like it has been explain in this forum often before.
    However I never defined such an UGUD. It is:
    DEF NCK REAL _TIME_PROG_VAR_1
    My problem is that I have no idea where I need to define this UGUD. I’ve already tried it out of the stop watch sub program, but the 840D won’t let me to do that from the operating cycle. Please give me a short instruction, the path where I have to do it and what I need to watch out for.

Many thanks for your answers in advance.
    Greetings

Hello guys,
    I plan to build in a stop watch, like it has been explain in this forum often before.
    However I never defined such an UGUD. It is:
    My problem is that I have no idea where I need to define this UGUD. I’ve already tried it out of the stop watch sub program, but the 840D won’t let me to do that from the operating cycle. Please give me a short instruction, the path where I have to do it and what I need to watch out for.

Many thanks for your answers in advance.
    Greetings

Hello, the UGUDs are not defined in the editing program or sub program- you define them in the control system under menu- services-definition-UGUD

Enter there the line

Greetings
    Anton

Hello,
    it is just like Anton 1974 said. Just it’s really important that you first save the UGUD folder!!! Then edit it and after reset NCK or restart the machine. Not till then UGUD is properly activated.
    If there are problems and the machine won’t start up again ( that can happen if there isn’t sufficient memory reserved for UGUDs ) then just delete the line or level the locking function.

Then contact the service to expand your memory .
    Usually it all works!

Greetings Stefan
    <!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--> <!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> Gr