585,735 active members*
4,562 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody

I experienced a problem with a subprogram with PROC row.
    I used a program that worked perfectly without PROC row and simply added the row and placed it into the user cycles. Then I uploaded it in the NC memory and restarted the machine.
    After the restart I got several error messages on the display so that I wasn’t even able to switch on the controller. These messages only went after deleting the program and restarting the machine again.

Can anybody tell me what the reason for this is?

Many thanks in advance
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Freundliche Grüsse<br />DMC635V<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

It seems like the all the STRING-variables took the free memory space in the NCU.
    As soon as you define them over PROC, the necessary memory space for them is reversed.
    I read once in the Siemens books how much memory space one String sign uses but I can find it anymore.
    &quot;Geht nicht&quot;, gibt es nicht&#33;

Thank you for your quick answer.
    I that case I will try it with shorter strings. If that still doesn’t work then I just do it without them
    Does a string take that much space? We have still about 2.5MB free in our NC working memory or is that a different memory?
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Freundliche Grüsse<br />DMC635V<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->