585,977 active members*
4,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tapping

Hello
    I want to switch from thread milling to tapping. Now I am thinking whether it’s best to program with Cycle 84 or L833?

Can anybody tell me some advantages and disadvantages of the two different alternatives?
    Its a M6 thread and I want to process 8 pieces in total.
    Thank you in advances
    <b></b>Vielen Dank f

Where did you “dig out” the L833... That is actually a Deep-hole drilling cycle for older Sinumerik controllers.
    810M, 820M , 880M and so on....
    <b></b>Vielen Dank f

On our machine it’s the tapping cycle.. I think a written one with g331 and g332.
    That how it is called here....
    But it’s also called like that with the machines from the manufacturer Grob.
    Eine Schraube ohne Gewinde ist ein Nagel<br /><br />Grüsse aus dem Harz - InTex<br />

If the function G331 and G332 are available , then that should mean the technical requirement are fulfilled on your machine.
    Cycle84 is a tapping cycle with compensation chuck
    For G331/332 I would say the following:
    After G332 (retraction) you can use G331 for the next thread...
    The technical requirement is a position controlled spindle with position measuring system,
    The spindle needs to be prepared for the tapping with SPOS/SPOSA. It doesn’t work in axial mode, instead as a position controlled spindle, see chapter feed regulation and spindle movement “position controlled spindle mode”
    <b></b>Vielen Dank f