585,715 active members*
4,019 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tool data

Hello everyone

I have a question about the tool list of the 840D controller. Is there a possibility to read out the complete tool list(s) from the machine, so that I can have it as a clear text? With the tools in the spindle and in the magazines it works. But like that I don’t have the tools that were changed manually so that’s why I want to read out the tool list.
    I can’t find anything in the manual.

I hope somebody is able to help me out.

Many thanks in advance

Morning,
    With tool list do you mean "Menu select"-> "Parameter"-> "Magazine list"-> "tool management"-> "tool list"?

From this point of view I would solve it like this: ( here only with tool name)

DEF STRING[20] TNAME
    DEF INT RCOUNT
    DEF INT ERROR
    DEF STRING[20] MFILENAME
    MFILENAME="TNAMEN_SPF"
    DELETE(ERROR,MFILENAME)
    FOR RCOUNT=1 TO 32000
    IF $P_TOOLEXIST[RCOUNT]
    WRITE (ERROR, MFILENAME,<<$TC_TP2[RCOUNT])
    ENDIF
    ENDFOR
    M17

A file is created (here TNAME.SPF) in which the name of all tools in the tool list are stored .
    Before, if the file already exists, it gets deleted so that the data is not stored several times in the same file.

You might have to watch out for the max. file size. With a large list you might reach the max file size (depending on the settings of the parameter)
    In this version the error return is not evaluated by white, in order to continue processing accordingly.(only as note)

Cu
    TheBlackBird ®
    ...only tested it under SinuTrain....

Thank you for that, I will try it out soon! It helped me a lot...

Is it possible to modify the sub program so that it also gives out the name plus length and radius correction?