584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: optimise

Hello

I am working on a plate milling machine with Siemens controller.
    I have to go to my programmer's workplace where I create my programs via "Pictures by PC"
    I am currently milling plates where I face mill the part in “snake run” (the customer wants that pattern) So I drew the milling contour in “snake run” and now drive without radius correction. So far so good! It all works.
    My problem is that the machine struggles in the curve. That is not necessary and it costs time. The machine could fly around the curve, without considering any contour accuracy. In theory that would be solved with this command:

SOFT
    $SC_CONTPREC=0.2
    $SC_MINFEED=3500

CPRECON

Unfortunately it doesn’t take it. And it still goes really slow around the curve.
    I guess that’s because of G40. What should I do so that it doesn’t sneaks around the corner anymore?

Kind regards

hapo Guest
    Hello
    without knowing the programmed contour and piece dimensions I can’t really give you any advice.

But if I see it clearly, then you have programmed an arc outside of the work piece.
    With G40, the feed regulation affects the cutter midpoint path.
    Why don’t you make a sketch and post it with the program, then we can see what the problem is.