584,829 active members*
4,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hi all.

I have some problems with frame rotation on Sinumerik 840D.

So i have 5 axis vertical mill with swivel table and i am trying to align my parts with custom program.
    So i made a program and all works fine but frame rotation.
    I have part with two slots on each side and it is clamped parallel with Y axis so that upper slot is in + from center of the table and lower is usually in - from center of
    but it can be also in + if the mold is shorter than standard.
    I have to align my mold so it is 100% parallel with Y axis and i am using those slots for that because i have to mill surface between them so they are perfectly connected.

So i measure their X value and calculated my angle with ATAN2 and i have to write it in zero offset but here is the problem.

If i use my angle value "ANG" as this $P_UIFR[1,C,TR]=ANG then i have rotated my C axis and this works just fine only when my mold is clamped in center of rotation what is rarely the case so i can't do that.

If i use my angle value "ANG" as this $P_UIFR[1,Z,RT] then i don't know what happens and i need help with that.
    I know it is coordinate rotation but when it is activated my X offset changes and i don't know which X to use for my offset upper or lower.
    Also sometimes my program zero is on top sometimes it is down.

Please help someone i can upload some pictures for explanation if needed

hapo Guest
    I think your problem lies not in detail, but is generally.
    Just as I have read out, you did'nt understand the concept frame.
    Do not worry, so you're not alone with this.
    The rotations, which do you think, will be executed around the designated geometry axis. That means a virtual coordinate system with X Y Z. So not the machine axes.
    For more information, you can use the programming manuals basics and preparation.
    If I find some more time, I'll try to make the theme visually more understandable, even for others.
    Until then, help us some sketches to your current problem more specific.

Thank you so much for your reply.
    Sorry it took some time from me to get back to you, i was absent last few days.

I will make some sketches tomorow so you can see my part and what i am trying to measure here.

Thanks again and i'll get back to you soon.

Hi again
    I have made some drawings for example.
    So if you can please take look.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your possibility with $P_UIFR[1,Z,RT]=ANG should work.
    This will directly write your value of ANG into the Z-Rotation of the Zero Point G54. This Rotates direct at the point, where you have X0 and Y0, when you only have G54 active. If you didnt took your zero point right at X0 Y0, you have to correct it after the rotation.

A bit of Frame Knowledge in attachement.

EDIT: The sketch is in the X/Y plane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt.JPG  
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Freundliche Grüsse<br />DMC635V<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

hapo Guest
    Using the first 3 axis parameters in Cycle800 the zero point is shifted to the position around which is to be rotated.
    At this point, is then rotated around the axis of geometry axis by axis.
    After that, the zero point can be moved back to the work zero point.
    The geometry axes refer to the workpiece!
    When programming the machine axes are irrelevant!
    The swivel data record you have selected in Cycle800 will control the machine axes.
    Read the "programming manual Cycles" for mor informations about the Cycle800.

[attachment=12453:Koordinaten.jpg] [attachment=12454:WKS.jpg] [attachment=12456:WKS_1.jpg] [attachment=12455:TRANS_2.jpg]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Koordinaten.jpg   WKS.jpg   TRANS_2.jpg   WKS_1.jpg  

Thank you DMC635V and Hapo
    You both helped me alot.
    I did it pretty much all right but i made one big mistake.

After calculating my angle and writing it with $P_UIFR[1,Z,RT] i didn't programed call of G54 and CYCLE800 to rotate part.

Also i have to chose which X value to use for G54 depending on the ZO in program (where X0 and Y0 are).

So i will store upper slot value and lower slot value in R variable and make custom macro which will recognize is my ZO on top or the bottom and then it will write G54 X offset as needed.

I allredy tested some of it today and after i calculated rotation and entered right X value i checked center of the slots again....and the difference was 0.001 mm

Well dear sir's thank you again you made my day.

Hey guys it's me again i have just one more question i think hapo may just be the guy with the answer .

So here it goes.

I need to align my workpiece with cycle 998 the thing is that my control only allows following:

"A measuring point 1 (P1) must be selected where P2 in the ordinate (with G17: Y axis) has
    the same value as P1 and the A measuring point 1 (P1) must be selected where P2 in the ordinate (with G17: Y axis) has
    the same value as P1 and the abscissa value (_ID) is positive. P3 must still have the same
    value in the abscissa (X axis in G17) as P1. The ordinate value (_SETV[0]) must be positive. value (_ID) is positive. P3 must still have the same
    value in the abscissa (X axis in G17) as P1. The ordinate value (_SETV[0]) must be positive"

Now what i want is to move P2 in ordinate as well not just in abscissa with _ID

Is that even possible with that cycle or maybe i can measure three points in similar way and calculate rotx and roty by myself.

Thanks guys if you can help me you are a true lifesavers lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question.jpg