585,670 active members*
4,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody
    I could not find anything in the forum so here is my question:

Can anybody tell me how or rather where can I read off the machine times on a 840D?
    I couldn’t find it in shopturn neither in the ISO surface

Wish you a succesfull programming smile.gif

Hello Martillo!

An operating hour’s counter should be available on every machine. Regarding the cycle time, each manufacturer handles it differently. Some don’t do anything, in that case you have to do it yourself with $AC_TIMER. It’s been described several times in this forum already.

Regards Michael

Hi
    I just found the posts about $AC_TIMER. But that’s not what I mean. I can see the cycle time in shopturn.

I mean the operating hours. On my Fanuc controller I can see exactly how many hours the controller was on IN TOTAL, how long the machine was in the program run etc.

That function should exists on the Sinumerik too, shouldn’t it?

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by martillo View Post
    Hi
    I just found the posts about $AC_TIMER. But that’s not what I mean. I can see the cycle time in shopturn.

I mean the operating hours. On my Fanuc controller I can see exactly how many hours the controller was on IN TOTAL, how long the machine was in the program run etc.

That function should exists on the Sinumerik too, shouldn’t it?

Greetings
    hi!Martillo
    I am afraid you can't get the time value you want, because on my cnc machine with Sinumerik 840d no such timer exist.
    And the $AC_TIMER system variable for sinumerik 840d is of no use for such a purpose.
    CNC Manual - Read & Download CNC Machine Manuals without Limits on any device
    http://cncmanual.com/