584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello guys
    I have a slightly mysterious problem with my 10 year old NILES SIMMONS C40 with 840D!
    The problem is related to the diameter correction in wear!
    When I correct a tool in the length which is responsible for the DM, then the following problem occurs:

When I stop the program e.g. with M0 or Cycle Stop and enter a correction (e.g. 0.1) then the machine processes this 0.1 in the diameter- so 0.05 in the machine axis.
    However when I stop the program with Reset, then the machine process this 0.1 in the radius- so 0.1 in the machine axis!

I think maybe there is a machine parameter set incorrectly.
    Thank you for reading!

Hello guys
    I have a slightly mysterious problem with my 10 year old NILES SIMMONS C40 with 840D!
    The problem is related to the diameter correction in wear!
    Is that a turning machine?

The description was not correct!
    Correct = NILES SIMMONS N40 with 840D
    It’s a turning-milling centre. But the problem only occurs when turning!

Hamlet

Hello
    Is the problem new or since you have the machine?
    I would be careful with the MDs but it might be a possibility.

Regards
    Stefan
    <b><u><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ich weis nicht alles, ich lerne viel, <br />aber leider wird einem selbst das <br />lernen heute erschwert<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u></b>

The machine (second hand) was bought over a machinery dealer. As I already said the machine is about 10 years old. As far as I know, the previous owner did not turn much but milled and drilled!

So maybe the problem could have existed from the start!
    Kind regards

Have a look what happens in the display Diamon/Diamoff when you press Reset.
    You find the display in the active G codes.
    I guess DIAMOFF is defined in the ResetMode.
    <b><u><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ich weis nicht alles, ich lerne viel, <br />aber leider wird einem selbst das <br />lernen heute erschwert<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u></b>

N100 T1 ; _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Prepare tool
    N105 G54 ;_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _call the zero point offset
    N110 EC_TLCH(1,0,1,1,0) ; _ tool turning, tool is substituted into the spindle machine automatically in DIAMON
    N115 G96 S1=200 M1=4 F0.1 ; Spindle on

N120 G0 Z0 ;_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Position in Z
    N125 G0 X30 ; _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Position in X
    N130 M0 ; _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Enter a correction from 0,1 in wear L1
    N135 G0 X30 ; _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Persist when pressing start in DM 0.1
    N140 M30 ;_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Program end

When I start it in MDA then the following happens:
    In row N130, M0 is active, then I enter a correction of 0.1 in wear of L1 (responsible for the diameter)
    When I now press start, then the machine axis X drives 0,05 to plus. So in diameter 0.1. That’s what was expected!
    In row N125 there is no movement anymore (because it’s the same position), afterwards M30 Reset.
    I will leave it all as it is. The change in the correction is still 0.1. The tool unchanged in the last position. Override = 0
    Now I press start again. The controller calculates until row N125. Again the machine displays a remaining distance of 0.05 in the machine axis.
    In TOOL my tool is set to 29.9. That shouldn’t be like that as it was already 30 before.

I can conclude that the tool correction affects the diameter as long as the program is not disrupted. As soon as the tool is called after a Reset, the correction is active in the radius.

That a lot to read – I know that but I don’t want to mislead anybody.
    Hamlet
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don&#39;t<br />Wir haben einen exponentiellen Zuwachs an <strike>Doofen</strike> Pack im Forum