584,802 active members*
4,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

I have the following problem and I hope that somebody will be able to help me out!
    We have machines that are connected to a so-called pallet rack and we define the neutral points at the beginning in NC text with the variable UIFR.
    We use for example the measuring probe to correct the neutral point.
    Now it sometimes happens, that a part need to be reworked e.g. pallet break drill rod.
    So we face the problem that the neutral point of that part is already overwritten by another part and the point that we approached in the first place doesn’t exist anymore.

I am currently creating a program where a MPF is being created to save the corrected neutral points (with Write command) so that the user can just run the program and can easily find the neutral points ( these ones that were defined by the measurement probe) for the particular part.

I have already finished the program to create the MPF and to write down the neutral points - but I want to test it now. Now I want to include that each created program that is older than 2 days is deleted automatically to avoid too much ‘data rubbish’.

However I am missing a possible approach!

Has anybody got an idea or has done something similar already?

Thank you in advance
    Regards

hapo Guest
    The writing of the program works already. I would integrate the current date in the file names.
    With that, the files would be arranged and therefore can be deleted manually more easily.
    A function that deletes files automatically is not knows to me!

Code:
    The writing of the program works already. I would integrate the current date in the file names. 

With that, the files would be arranged and therefore can be deleted manually more easily.

Hello
    File or programs CAN be deleted through NC codes.
    Sample:

DEF INT ERROR

STOPRE ; forerun stop
    DELETE (ERROR,"/_N_WKS_DIR/_N_TEIL1_WPD/_N_PROT_MPF") ; deleted the file PROT.MPF in the program folder with the work piece folder Part 1
    IF (ERROR==0)
    MSG(" file was deleted ")
    M0
    ELSE
    MSG ("error with DELETE-command:"<<ERROR)
    M0
    ENDIF

M17

error variable for the return

0: no error
    1: path not allowed
    2: path not found
    3: file not found
    4: wrong file type
    11: file not used
    12: no resources available
    20: other error

Kind regards
    Anton

Re: delete programs

Quote Originally Posted by Anton1974 View Post
    Code:

Hello
    File or programs CAN be deleted through NC codes.
    Sample:

DEF INT ERROR

STOPRE ; forerun stop
    DELETE (ERROR,"/_N_WKS_DIR/_N_TEIL1_WPD/_N_PROT_MPF") ; deleted the file PROT.MPF in the program folder with the work piece folder Part 1
    IF (ERROR==0)
    MSG(" file was deleted ")
    M0
    ELSE
    MSG ("error with DELETE-command:"<<ERROR)
    M0
    ENDIF

M17

error variable for the return

0: no error
    1: path not allowed
    2: path not found
    3: file not found
    4: wrong file type
    11: file not used
    12: no resources available
    20: other error

Kind regards
    Anton
    Hi

This seems like exactly what i am looking to utilise:

We send our validated production programs via a DNC link which is then transferred into the machine memory.

I'm looking to find an automated solution for removing the NC code from the machine memory so that the operator is forced to re-send the validated program to the terminal every time he needs to use it.

I have tried the format from the "Advanced programming of siemens 840D" pdf and the format from your previous response on this thread but i'm getting error messages from the machine?

Do you have any actual program examples you maybe able to send me please?

T.I.A