584,866 active members*
5,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: fraises

Hi guys,
    Are there any self-written cycles like for example fraise for the old 810 M GA3?
    ( similar to the 208 from HH)
    My machine can’t do much apart from the standard cycles from Siemens. There are a few missing if you are used to the 530 iTNC. Is anybody here fit in writing cycles themselves for 810 M or anybody who has some? I would be very grateful to get some.
    I would create some myself but I’m not so familiar with the Siemens like I am with the Heidenhain. I have looked on the internet already where I actually read about a cycle for mold construction. However I only found a description about how to program it. And also some is engraving cycles.
    All of that lovely stuff for the do-it-yourselfer that you nee in order to quickly program something lavish with an old controller.

Greetings QFT
    <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Gruß QFT<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><b></b><br /><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--><br /><br />www.quendorfer.de<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

hapo Guest
    To compare a 810M with a TNC530i.... is like trying to compare a 327 BMW from 1926 with a Mercedes M class from 2011 ??!! coangry.gif
    .. and then try do a chipturn with the 327 BMW ..
    Have fun!!
    …. Searching the chip biggrin.gif

To compare a 810M with a TNC530i.... is like trying to compare a 327 BMW from 1926 with a Mercedes M class from 2011 ??!!
    .. and then try do a chipturn with the 327 BMW ..
    Have fun!!
    …. Searching the chip
    @ hapo
    If you add your comment then at least write something useful to find a solution to the given problem. It ‘s no question that a 810M from Siemens can’t be compared to a iTNC530 from Heidenhain.
    If you would have read the article properly you would know what QFT wanted.

@QFT
    Unfortunately, I can’t help you out as I am not familiar with the cycle programming from Siemens. I believe it’s called CL800 programming. There are descriptions to this topic on the Siemens homepage to download. If I find out anything else I will let you know. Until then I guess you have to continue working with subprograms.
    <b><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><i>Gruß farmer</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><i><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Hilfsbereitschaft, Gemeinsinn, Miteinander und Füreinander<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>

hapo Guest
    @farmer 70
    Ok, was not quite fair... wink.gif

@QFT

sorry.gif

The 810M is getting old.. you will find that out yourself when you stand in front of it.wink.gif

In general you can write cycles yourself (they are in fact subprograms) as long as the respective handbooks are available to the right software version. I bit of experience would also help.
    You probably won’t find a powerful function like in the up-to–date control systems. That means that you to do a lot ‘by foot’ that is automated in the new controllers. Many of the new, comfortable function are simply not available. It might also be difficult to get handbooks from SIEMENS as 20 years in this industry is a long time.

Doing simple things like plan milling and drilling should be no problem. Pocket milling with island or what you mentioned circular milling or drill milling is simply not possible with a cycle (or it’s too much effort) Here you have to use a CAM so you don’t overstrain the NC memory. It’s easy and also available for free over the internet. Just download it and try it out…. Most have a PP suitable for the 810M. Mostlyl they are designed for ‘home constructors’ but mainly useful.

I guess you don’t aim for very demanding parts with such an old…..
    Maybe a model builder (they are often very creative) took the effort to build one… But you have to find that one….

I wish you good luck with your search smile.gif