584,829 active members*
4,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

I want to make a small change in the S5 SPS program but I don’t manage to assess the machine over the current interface. I have an old laptop with serial interface. On that laptop I have Step5 from Siemens in the connection cable I have a converter from RS232 to the current interface (20mA TTY) the plug on the side of the Simumerik is wired actively, the Simunerik is the current source.
    When I want to establish a connection with Step5, then the LED on the converter lights up and after a few seconds the message “waiting time exceeded” is displayed in Step5.
    I have the feeling that I have to switch something on (on the Sinumerik) ( I have already tried setting data 5010 00000100 and 5011, different baud rates and stop bits etc but nothing has worked)

My question: How can I communicate with the Sinumerik over the current interface? What do I have to set up and what’s the correct course of action?

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me out.

Many thanks in advance
    Richard

You have to switch on the data transmission in the 810t
    So setting data on plc-prg as it’s described in the manual all data in and start transmission

Thank you, I thought the Step5 works online with the S5 programs. So I have to send the PLC program like with the normal data transmission!
    I will try it out....

Kind regard
    Richard

1. Press soft key ”SETTING DATA”
    2. Extent button soft key bar
    3. Press soft key ”SE-BITS”
    SD 5010 ... 00000100 device identification
    SD 5011 ... xx xxx 111 9600 Baud (x ... without meaning)
    With that the 1. interface is adjusted to the PG.
    4. Button Recall. Return to basic display
    5. Press soft key ”DATEN ON-OFF”
    1. Select interface (enter”1”).
    “PLC-PROG.” must be displayed in the interface assignment of the 1.interface.
    6. Press soft key ”DAT. IN START”
    Like that the NC of the 1. Interface gets activated.
    Only when the soft key ”DAT. IN
    START” is pressed twice, you will get a feedback on the NC screen. When you press it the second time you will get the input message “interface occupied”
    The alarm 22 (time surveillance V.24) is switched off in this operation mode, also the interface signal ”V.24 is running”.
    7. button recall. Return to the basic display

After that you can go online with Step5
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don&#39;t<br />Wir haben einen exponentiellen Zuwachs an <strike>Doofen</strike> Pack im Forum

Thank you, I have tried it in a similar way but I will try it again and stick to your order.
    Thanks

Kind regards
    Richard