584,841 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hi guys,
    I am working with a DMG GMX250S with Heidenhain controller CNCPilot 4290 for 2.5 years now.
    Now we are going to make a new acquisition: probably a CTXgamma 1250 TC with a lower revolver.
    As this machine configuration is now possible with Siemens Shopturn 3G, I tried to test the suitability of the workshop programs. wink.gif

(the Heidenhain is pretty good at turning, as usually you just work on only 1 contour where really everything is recorded.
    From the normal contour over undercut to the raw part update it’s all continuous when turning- when milling not sooo great.

Oh well I just miss my Millplus Milling controller from time to time thumbs-up.gif

Have read a lot of documents and other stuff and found an answer to most of my questions.
    But one question could not be answered:

When finishing we often program it so that firstly we finish the different flat surfaces of one stepwave from X+ to X-.
    Afterwards the diameter from Z+ to Z- ( we do it like this due to the kind of material that we use) It’s no problem with the Heidenhain as you can finish each contour part (straight, circle etc.) separately or in a row. It’s always the same starting point.
    When wiring onto a contour with Shopmill, you can only choose between drawing and lateral movement and that for the whole contour.
    It that the contour that was programmed beforehand?

Is there a possibility that some parts of the contour are like this and the other differently. Or do I have to have a separate contour each for that?

Many thanks in advance

Roman

Hello Roman,
    I can confirm the contour display in Pilot4290: I have worked with it myself but as far as I know with Shopturn there no other possibility than constructing a single contour each.
    If anybody know more please let me know =)

Greetings from Barnim
    Musikwelt
    <b><u><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ich weis nicht alles, ich lerne viel, <br />aber leider wird einem selbst das <br />lernen heute erschwert<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u></b>

Potentially there might be the possibility to use the function ‘isolate’. But I guess it’s going to be difficult to isolate single contour elements with it.
    With ‘isolate’ you are able to define a rectangle in the machining cycle, so that only the elements in the rectangle are edited.
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Freundliche Grüsse<br />DMC635V<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

HelloDMC,

So according to that you would need to write in theory 10 raw part contours in order to isolate 10 horizontal contour elements. That’s how I know it at least from the software version 7.20.
    Well than have fun pressing the keys …. Then you can also just run the program in G Code modus,
    at least when finishing =) and roughing in the cycle.

With best regards
    Musikwelt
    <b><u><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ich weis nicht alles, ich lerne viel, <br />aber leider wird einem selbst das <br />lernen heute erschwert<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u></b>