584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everyone

In our firm we planned to get a new programming station for the 840D.
    We couldn’t find anything on the internet apart from the “Sinutrain” software.
    We would like to get a machine keyboard with that.
    Does anybody know how to get one of them?
    I was thinking already about buying a PCU with machine panel- put the operating system on it and the install the Sinutrain software....
    I am sure there is a solution for that.

Thank you for your answers..

Do you want to create programs for shopturn or shopmill?

I have done the same at my previous workplace. We created the programs on SinuTrain for 2 CNC turning machine and then transferred them per USB stick onto the machine.
    However there are a few problems to solve first. Sinutrain must be configurated with the machine data. I was lucky because the machine manufacturer had configuration files available for exact these two machines. So in my case it was quite easy.

But according to Siemens, SinuTrain is not meant to be used as a programming station. But rather to practice the use of the controller.

So think hard before you decide if that’s the best solution for you!

If you have any more questions just let me know..
    Regards

Vitra26

Hello maybe this helps you:

http://www.automation.siemens.com/mcms/mc/.../sinutrain.aspx

Otherwise SinuTrain is really rather for training purposes/ apprenticeships.
    Or you are thinking about the CAD reader:

http://www.cnc4you.siemens.com/cms/website...d-reader-en.htm

If not, then you should consider a CAM system

Regards Boern
    <b><br />Das dringendste Problem der Technologie von heute ist nicht mehr die Befriedigung von Grundbedürfnissen und uralten Wünschen der Menschen, sondern die Beseitigung von Übeln und Schäden, welche uns die Technologie von gestern hinterlassen hat.</b><br /><br />Dennis Gabor (1900-79), ungar.-brit. Physiker, Entwickler der Holographie, 1971 Nobelpr.

As far as I know the CAD reader is part of SimuTrain. I got the software without having to buy it separately.
    It could also be that I got it as a gift from Siemens

Regards
    vitra26

Christiani offers machine key boards. But as said before it’s more for training purposes even though I sometimes used Sinutrain as an external programming station. However, to be one the save side you should adjust SinuTrain on the machine itself.

There are also machine control panels from Emco Siemens.
    By now also Shopmill is coming...
    Eine Schraube ohne Gewinde ist ein Nagel<br /><br />Grüsse aus dem Harz - InTex<br />