584,837 active members*
5,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V26: need to remove holes in a hole pattern, not letting me select individual holes

V26: need to remove holes in a hole pattern, not letting me select individual holes

Hello--first post here so be gentle.

I just started with BobCAD and am using V26. I am drawing parts to cut on a plasma machine. I want to make a wheel plate with a simple OD of 7" and a hole pattern on a 5.5" center. The wheels have five holes so it is a 5x5.5" pattern, which I have drawn. However, on this plate I only need three of the holes. I cannot figure out how to remove two of the holes in the pattern after it is drawn. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: V26: need to remove holes in a hole pattern, not letting me select individual ho

Explode....

Re: V26: need to remove holes in a hole pattern, not letting me select individual ho

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Explode....
    Ohhh, that is HANDY!! Thanks much.

Next question, if I may-- If I have a text in a block and want to move it once it has already been set, how do I re-select it and move just the text?

Translate
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Translate
    Thanks for the help!

Whenever I draw a hole pattern I click "Break" in the dialog box and it draws separate circle entities instead of a single hole pattern entity. I usually find this preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S View Post
    Whenever I draw a hole pattern I click "Break" in the dialog box and it draws separate circle entities instead of a single hole pattern entity. I usually find this preferable.
    You should have just said,

Break...

LOL :cheers:

Lol, the context of the thread had changed. I thought it might be confusing.

I am trying to make a dxf of a text and I need to connect the center of the Os and As, etc. I drew a line and exploded the image to Trim the parts that I did not want, but it is leaving small lines. How do I remove them to make one continuous cut line?
    Thanks for the help!

Attachment 248282