584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > NX CAD (UNIGRAPHICS) > Converting of NX4 .prt Into .dxf
    Hello everybody

I constructed some parts in UG NX4 and I’d like to convert them into dxf-files for lasing. 2D-data transferring doesn’t work at my NX4-version (menu item: export data), that’s why I’d like to know if someone knows a freeware version for converting of .prt into .dxf.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Martin

Hello…

Export of files DWGDXF doesn’t work… what error message do you get?

Greetings
    <!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><b>Fehler vermeidet man, indem man Erfahrung sammelt. Erfahrung sammelt man, indem man Fehler macht.</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Hello

The error message is:

“Translation picture not found. The environment variable UGTO2D_DIR was probably incorrectly set.”

I can’t understand it…

If there’s an easy bugfixing, I’d certainly prefer a free alternative – that would be the best variant in any case!

Regards,
    Martin

Hello

The question is why it doesn’t work. If you bought it, it has to work. You can check in the license file whether DXF stands inside there. If it does, you should set the right variable.

Regards
    mneubert<br /><br />Siemens PLM Software<br />Technische Vertriebsunterstützung