584,817 active members*
4,810 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

I would need your help. I am looking for a NC editor that I can also use to simulate zero offsets on the X and Y axis on the PC.
    I try to explain the situation a bit more detailed:

I mill a circular pocket D=30, t=5, to simplify matters, then i set it in LBL and after that pocket is milled I move the zero point e.g. X+100, Y+100 and then recall my LBL. I repeat that x times on one work piece. What’s important is that it’s a roller that is clamped and supported in the dividing head and that I change the A and Y axes. (because of the handling)
    I would like to simulate that on the PC. I am using Cimco v5 and Mastercam X5.
    At the moment I am only able to simulate the contour so the circular pocket due to my current state of knowledge. However I would like to simulate the program with BLK on the PC like on the machine. It’s really annoying always having to run to the machine, simulate and the run back to the computer.
    Sometimes I have up to 500 contours and these differ... have you got an idea / or what software can you recommend? ¿

Hello
    First of all welcome to the CNC Arena!

One question to you: Isn’t the new Heidenhain programming station interesting for you as you simulate on the machine anyway?
    The programming software can be set as it is on the controller (with so some efford) .. from the tool table to the PLC... and then the whole lot can be processed comfortablly on the computer without having to run to the machine all the time
    Or if you want to simulate directly on the basis of the issued program and also cover your collision control ...e.g. VERICUT, NCSIMUL, etc.

However regarding the budget, functions and intended application the last differ a lot compared to the programming station software... wheras the actually sense and purpose is completly different- I have to say that as well..
    What do you want to spend for your simulation program? Low budget or more towards high end with extended functions?
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.