584,871 active members*
5,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody
    I wanted to ask what cutting value you use for your screw taps.
    My workmates from Heller use a quite high engine speeds with a Heller (e.g. M8 around 1000 turning speed)
    Of course that depends on the material but during my 20 year working time with Hermle I never run my machine with screw tap that quickly. (M8 with around 250 rotations)
    With our C42U iTNC530SP6 the screw taps already broke off when using the “Heller” engine speed.

Regards Nike
    seit über 20 Jahren habe ich Erfahrungen mit folgenden Steuerungen: TNC 151, TNC 155, TNC 407, TNC 426, TNC 430, iTNC 530, iTNC 530HSCI<br />und folgenden Maschinen: Hermle UWF 712, UWF 851, UWF 1002, UWF 902, UWF 1202H, U630T, C800V, C800U, C20U, C40U und C42U. Zeiss-Meßmaschine<br />CAM: OPUS<br />ein wenig Erfahrung hab ich dann auch noch mit: Hurco-Fräsmaschine, Mitutoyo-Meßmaschine<br /><br />im Bereich Erste Hilfe: Rettungssanitäter

Hello Nike
    Interesting topic but I can’t give you a straight answer.... Ikeep to 60-80% of the manufacturer’s recommended values depending on the thread depth, the kind of cycle I use and the material... and of course previous experience....
    I usually work without compensation chuck.

If you want to compare the C42U and the Heller directly then please say how the screw taps are clamped (compensation chuck, fixing clamp etc) and what thread depth with what tools...
    I would tend toward using a compensation chuck when using higher engine speeds to compensate possible deviations when breaking/changing engine speed.
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.