585,560 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > 2 motors at one CNC controller’s output
    Hello species,

I have an ordinary step motor controller from GWR.
    I’d like to hang up the second motor at one output for my milling cutter. Is it possible?
    My machine is constructed so that I’d rather work with an additional motor at the y-axis than create a connection between gear belt and the second trapeze spindle.

I would appreciate suggestions about what I should pay attention to.

Walter

It’s generally possible. I’ve made it once, but with linear motors and a “modern” Siemens 840d.
    What controller do you have? What transmitters and what gears?

It’s generally possible. I’ve made it once, but with linear motors and a “modern” Siemens 840d.
    Hello Onkel,

Not much can go wrong at a step motor controller. But at the “right” one there should be 2 coat control cycles. For example SHW have been making that for 100 years at the Z-axis of their boring machines.

Regards,

Clemens
    Clemens Henn<br>Freiform CAD/CAM-Dienste<br><br><br>CAD-Modelle<br>Fr

You don’t necessarily need 2 coat control cycles. There’s a splitter from Siemens that disconnects 2 measuring systems or brings 2 measuring systems to one coat control cycle.

One makes it for reasons of economy. If you have 12 motor and only 3 gears, it’s profitable.

By the way, it works 1a! At least with linear gears. But I can’t see the big difference aside from the mounting form. I think the biggest problem is not the measuring system and control cycle, but rather the motor data and optimization.