584,842 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

we have 3 CNC turning machine and 1 CNC turn-mill machine with opposed spindle in our firm.

I would like to know if there is a tool management software available.
    We have so-called “Rüst-blätter ( “setting-up blade”) which are all in one folder. On these blade is a drawing number and the corresponding program number. Furthermore the tools (drill, cutter, inserts) are contained and on which machine the product is produced.
    Now I want to know if there is a software to administrate the whole programs and the corresponding machines and tools in a clear way in order to minimise the set up time.
    Using these setting up blade with a high number of programs is very unclear. We are a very small turning production and we write the programs on the machine plus place them in our internal network, therefore we don’t need a complex administrative software as usually seen in big productions but a cheaper alternative.

Regard
    Marcolino

hapo Guest
    The cheapest alternative are tooling sheets in a folder.
    If you dare to start programming a data base yourself then you will need a lot of time.
    If you want to save time and buy software, then it costs time and money.

I have been looking for such software for a long time. Freeware is mainly rubbish and also a compromise. Anything that is useful costs a lot of money and a lot of time to configurate it.
    An alternative would be a DMS (document-management-system). You need to decide what’s useful for you.