585,685 active members*
4,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > Aluminium cutter 2-cutter or more teeth?
    Hello everyone

I have another question: I got offer almost only uncoated 2-cutters for our aluminium machining(apart from the roughing cutter,3Z).

So far I always experienced that the floor gets quite strong milling traces when using 2-cutters-but I did not have no speed on our conventional milling machine. On our new machine we “only” have 10.000rpm? Is hat enough or would you rather tend to sue more blades?

Diameter from 4mm up to 20mm.

many thanks in advance

Regards
    mts

Hello again
    I can recommend the hpc with tisi coating from hoffmann ort he zox from hoffmann- I ran the zox already with a no.12 4-cutter 18.000-9.000 (roughing)- worked perfectly.

regards
    <b><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->„Der Mensch ist nichts anderes als wozu er sich macht.“<br /><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><br /><br /><b><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->„Es ist schon ein großer Unterschied, ob man etwas aus sich gemacht hat oder ob man nur etwas geworden ist.“<br /><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>

I can recommend Franken Alu Jet Cut to you.

All mill but there are differences. I trust ones with polished chip pockets because nothing glues on.

I process almost entirely process aluminium. I have roughing cutters from Hoffmann,3Z, Zox coating and finishing cutters are also from Hoffmann,4-6Z, uncoated.
    Perfectly smooth surface and both are still in a great condition after about 50 hours of continuous work.

I can only recommend the aluminium cutter with ZOX coating!
    However if you need to take away a lot of material, then it’s better to use 3-cutters.
    With the 4-cutters the cutter often broke off. I simply had too small chip pockets and the chips stuck together.