585,997 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Cincinnati milacron arrow 500

Is anybody familiar with this machine and programming of it.
    I could really use some help!

I've setup and ran a arrow 750. I don't know everything about it yet. but would be happy to help if i can. What do you need help with?

I was offered a position with a different company that has an arrow 500. The bad thing is that there is no one there that even knows how to get past the door interlock,to get the doors open or even begin to know how to program that particular
    type of cnc. I have setup, run,and programmed monarch cnc,s with a Ge fanuc
    control, and Bridgeport cnc,s with conversational programming. So any tips would be appreciated.

What Control is on that machine? Is it an Acromatic 2100? Or something else?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Arrow 500

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    What Control is on that machine? Is it an Acromatic 2100? Or something else?

It is a Acromatic 2100. I hope that you can help me with this?

Arrow Acromatic 2100 Seimans Control

Quote Originally Posted by shmoo
    It is a Acromatic 2100. I hope that you can help me with this?
    The Acromatic has a lot of options for changing the CNC Program Format and Letter Addresses. I will have to consult an old friend as to what you want to do.

Here are some examples of how this control is so different from many others.

G2/G3 Radial arcs can be expressed in the following ways depending on which parameters are set.

G2/G3 X Y R
    G2/G3 X Y P
    G2/G3 X Y I J

It has built in pocketing macros (with islands and tapered walls)
    tool path varification (a bit on the slow side)
    The Canned Cycles are what you will really have to watch because they look very much like Fanuc, but they have a little twist to the way they exicute the cycle. I never used their format (had someone change the parameter setting for me).

The heading has to be in a specific format if your going to be using fixture offsets simular to G54-G59.

I feel they are OK machines, but Fanuc's Rule for simple reasons.

I'll dig up some programs for you so you can get a basic idea.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

The 2100 is the best control on the market. It has many features and may have the option for Fanuc translation. You need to back up the complete hard drive because it can and will crash. You may have lost it already!! Look us up on the web cncmachineservices.com Do you have all the books that came with this machine???

I set up,program and run the a2100 controlls all day long. I find them to be a very nice machine control with slight draw backs of the hard drives crashing but there are no machines made that cant loose its mind.

other than the helical moves, drilling,boring and tapping cycles I stay clear of the advanced routines (cad cam is a wonderfull thing) makes for a tad longer programing but we have plenty of memory.

John

To open the door, go to mdi mode and press the tool setup key. This will unlock the door. I don't have to worry about this sine the programmer before me unhooked the latch on the door and left it in the lock on the right side door. I still have to remove the latch to remove the tool from the spindle.

to get past the door interlock turn on power to machine press big green button once the software loads press the big green button again woops turn air on to machine first. this will get the machine ready for alignment, so go to the pendent find the align button and press. Now look at the LCD sreen and should read AXLIGN and MECHLIGN push and hold the AX allign button right under the LCD screen this takes a minet so hold the button untill you here the spindle turn then let it go on its own. Ok, now the mech align press this button once and read the what it says on the PC screen usauly "tool drum 1 located at tool1?" if when you look into the machine at the bottom right of the tool carage is a little notch if you see the #1 in the notch just push the now blinking MechAlign button once more and there you have it.

Now to make life easer always put the carage back at tool #1 position and the spindle empty and the table to home postion and all the above should only take about five minets to do.

Please note: While the safty interlock on the door can be unbolted the control looks for its signel to verify doors open or closed so one way or the other you will have to operate the switch. Only good reson to have a key unbolted is for set up only. And this is best done with a seperate key (you have to make) they will not sale it to you.

Hope this helps some

P.S most all the buttons have multiple menu under them so if at first you dont see what you are looking for click the more button on the pendet top right for the pendent menu scroll.

John

I'm also held up on the work cordinate/ offset issue. I cannot seem to program the "h" way for setups and have it move to the correct place. I'm not certain what is going on. I have the programming manual, yet I still cannot get it to work.
    Thanks guy's
    If I could just run nthis thing I might like it

Just a suggestion

Just a suggestion to help you out. Try and get in contact with Robert Varney from Maintainance Technologies (formally Cincinnati Milicron). He would be able to steer you in right direction for your needs. He could also inform you of a possible retrofit using a MachineMate control. We installed the first beta model and absolutly love it compared to the old CT control. His number is 1-859-534-4748. Best of luck!

first of you have I belive 36 setups each with 50 posible offsets (H).
    The best thing is unless you are runing multiple ofsets in one program then just use the set ups only with all the ofsets (h) set to 0. use the setup button at bottom of home page and add a set up. now go to the pendent and pus the set up button then look at top lcd push the button under set up select select set up number and viola. If you do need to do work offsets (h) then make each of set a set up firts then copy into off sets for proper setup.

P.S. ERASE THE VALUES IN THE SET UP THAT YOU ARE USEING AS the machine adds the (h) values to the set up values

hope this helps

setups/ offsets

Thanks Guy's, but I'm still not there yet.

""The best thing is unless you are runing multiple ofsets in one program then just use the set ups only with all the ofsets (h) set to 0. use the setup "

I'm not certain if I want multiple setups or multiple offsets.
    If it was fanuc I would want g55 g56 g57 g58. I think I want h1 h2 h3 h4 with the acro. i'm not certain if the h's are offsets or setups. I'm a bit confused.
    When I run this test program below after setting up 4 setups it will only move to the first offset or h1 and it goes to the same positions throughout the program not different ones as desired.

: T2 M6
    (MSG,Assem16)
    N1(MSG,3/8 2 FLUTE HSS EM)
    S3600 M3
    G0 X.3825 Y-.2175 H1
    N3 Z.1 M8
    N4 G1 Z-.288 F11.25
    N5 X1.8175 F90.
    N6 Y-.255
    Z.1
    : G0 X.3825 Y-.2175 H2
    Z.1 M8
    N4 G1 Z-.288 F11.25
    N5 X1.8175 F90.
    N6 Y-.255
    Z.1
    : G0 X.3825 Y-.2175 H3
    N3 Z.1 M8
    N4 G1 Z-.288 F11.25
    N5 X1.8175 F90.
    N6 Y-.255
    Z.1
    N2 G0 X.3825 Y-.2175 S3600 M3 H4
    N3 Z.1 M8
    N4 G1 Z-.288 F11.25
    N5 X1.8175 F90.
    N6 Y-.255
    Z.1
    M2
    I'm almost there thanks alot.

setups are world and offsets are local (I.E. set up one selected on pendent)
    would have ?? 36 or 50 difrent offsets available (H) which are relavant to the setup position.

Easy way to deal with is to go to the offsets page it should show pallet ofsets setup locations and offsets all on same page.

put the curser on set up 1 or touch ths screen at set up one (if touch screen) you will notice the offsets will change relitive to setup selected.

If you have a setup say at machine position x10 y10 10
    and you want a offset to that say x5 y5 z5 what it will do when you call that (h) is add the setup numbers and the ofset numbers together. This is fine aslong as you know where they are going to be.

easy way to do it will be to run a set up (#1) of x0 y0 z0 and then put the machine locations in the off set say (h1) x10 y10 z10 when callled (h1) will take you to machine location of x10 y10 z10 .

here is how I do it. say for two vises:

I edge find my vise number #1 call it set up #1 via the setup page at bottom of home page. Then doe the same for vise #2 expt call it set number 2.

now go to offsets page select by hilighting set up #1 notice the numbers in the set up transfer to offsets #1 (H1) then take my setup locations #2 and put them on the offsets of set number (1) in the number 2 position.

!!!! now remove the numbers from set up #1 set back to x0 y0 z0.

Now on pendent select set number one

in MDI (finger on feed hold) Type

Go X0 Y0 Z10 H1

SHOULD GO RIGHT WHERE WE WANTED THE FIST SETUP TO BE PLUSS Z10

THIS SHOULD MAKE IT ALL WORK

also make sure on your first rapid where you call your "H" number that you put a "Z" move to a clearance piont. and best to do the "H" call from a M26 spindle home first that way you are hopfully way above your part and vises.

If you Just changed tools and are head to your XYZ H location you should be ok

any way always put X Y AND Z on the line with H.

sorry for the Delay just got a good look at you program

John

also its best to follow a : with tool change and spindle speed. Generaly these controls are set to reset at : and unlike Fanuc controls they need the information and as most are set up must start from :

just some tid bits for you to chew on

PM me if I can be of more help

you say you have a manual for the machine your talking about, I know this might be asking for alot but could you look and see if there is a list of M-Codes and somehow send me a copy. At work I can't find a manual or nothing to help me with this, I am used to Fanuc but the m-coding on these Cincinnati machines are killing me. It's totally different, thanks
    Brad
    [email protected]

Bsiniard,

Pm me with your fax number and I will get a copy of the "G" and "M" codes to you

Thanks but I finally found a manual at work last night
    thanx again

Page 1 of 2 12