585,932 active members*
3,835 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Drilling > Deep-hole drilling in aluminum D5 75mm deep
    Hello people
    I have a little problem…
    I have to drill a 5mm borehole 75mm deep in an aluminum plate.
    We tried to do it with a VHM borer with IKZ and with straight span channel. But it lubricates.
    We made it at Hermle U1130 with 40 bar IKZ. But it doesn’t look, as it should.

Could anyone suggest anything? It would be great!!!

Thanks a lot…

Flubber

Hi

A better borer and drill in steps with ventilation. 75mm deep with 5mm…
    It’ll take more time but you’ll get a good result.

Thomas

Hi

Why do you use a straight-grooved borer?

The drilling depth is 15xd, it’s not extremely deep…

I regularly drill such things at my machine, but with 6 bar IKZ…

Greetings
    Steff

Hi

Try the Titex XD-borers (Hoffmann have similar ones). In our case it works without any troubles with 5 bar in aluminum.

Greetings
    Frankie
    ---------------------------<br>Chef-CNC-Technologe<br>Fa.1500 MA / 40 Maschinen: DMG, EMAG, Index...

I would suggest 4-bevel-borer from Garant. I have 15bar. Works out well

We drill with 12bar the same depth without problems with borers from mitsibischi.

Regards, general
    <b><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Gruß General<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Fräser sind Halbgötter in Blau.<br />Denn sie lassen durch Zerstörung Neues entstehen&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><u>Werbung in eigener Sache:</u><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><i><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Enter the Matrix an feel the Moment &quot;<u>www.pixxelmatrix.de</u>&quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>