584,837 active members*
5,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Dear Forum user,
    I have read the blogs in this forum for a while and it’s a really great forum!

I have a topic that interests me:

1. Has anybody had bad experiences with the wire for electro erosion cutting by the firm Primatec?
    2. Were any bad quality wires for electro erosion cutting being delivered?
    3. Were there any damages or breakdown with the wire EDM machines due to their Wire scratching?

Many thanks already

Angry

Dear Forum user,
    I have read the blogs in this forum for a while and it’s a really great forum!

I have a topic that interests me:

1. Has anybody had bad experiences with the wire for electro erosion cutting by the firm Primatec?
    2. Were any bad quality wires for electro erosion cutting being delivered?
    3. Were there any damages or breakdown with the wire EDM machines due to their Wire scratching?

Many thanks already

Hallo F_X
    I don’t know what sort of wire you use.

I use the PQ wire of that firm for our Fanuc machines.

Its working well, I had no problems in years.

Regards from Vaihingen/Enz

Topas Guest
    We used to use the wire from that firm with Mitsubishi Maschines. Only had trouble: the scratching affected the controlling, wire ruptures etc….
    If so then you should use the Hitachi wire from that firm (if they are still sold). We use a wire from a firm that is close to us. They work hard to deliever 100% good quality. Until now I never had rejects.

We use the wire from a firm called Huber (www.edm-huber.de) and we are very satisfied with it. So far we haven’t had any defaults or damages.