584,829 active members*
4,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

We’ve got an old turning machine and we often have to turn fits in an interval of about D800 inside and outside. Now we’re searching for a quick and exact solution to measure these diameters. Doesn't matter whether it’s laser or touch system.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

At what length do you have to measure inside and outside? What fits do you make?

• measuring length about 10-400
    • outside and inside
    • fits like H7
    • cylindrical fits

A Faro Arm could also be ok.

I used to mill such diameters and to measure them then with a subido.
    My colleague said we should make a cylindrical limit gauge.

And then use it with a crane.
    <b><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Gruß General<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Fräser sind Halbgötter in Blau.<br />Denn sie lassen durch Zerstörung Neues entstehen&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><u>Werbung in eigener Sache:</u><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><i><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Enter the Matrix an feel the Moment &quot;<u>www.pixxelmatrix.de</u>&quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>

Hello

I also would measure with Subito and final-dimension-holder. And then with a measuring machine (if you have one) as collateral.
    You should pay attention to temperature of the workpiece and of the measuring device.
    Gru

. Doesn't matter whether it’s laser or touch system.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox
    Last edited by blankita; 11-02-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Re: Solution for measuring D800

Did you know what Government Invests £14m into Spaceport Cornwall Post-COVID Recovery Project - Orbital Today? These funds are intended to support several promising projects that will help the facility recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and begin to conquer space with renewed vigor.

Re: Solution for measuring D800

Quote Originally Posted by Lerolase View Post
    Did you know what Government Invests £14m into Spaceport Cornwall Post-COVID Recovery Project - Orbital Today iseriale? These funds are intended to support several promising projects that will help the facility recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and begin to conquer space with renewed vigor.
    I used to mill such diameters and to measure them then with a subido.You should pay attention to temperature of the workpiece and of the measuring device.