584,837 active members*
4,824 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Contour Measuring Machines?

So we are looking to speed up the process of inspecting the bores of our parts. A lot of our parts are small and have small bores with flowing contours. Some are pretty well impossible to measure with hand tools. To measure those ID's currently, we have to cut them in half and lap them in, and then we check them on our Starrett AVR 300 CNC field of view "FOV" vision system. This whole process is very time consuming and also a waste of parts. So I have started looking at Contour measuring machines like the Mitutoyo CV-2100 and Mahr MarSurf XC 2. Who uses this type of measuring machine here? What are some Pros, Cons for those who have good experience? I'll link a vid to the CV-2100M4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egLvhlGoLSA

Re: Contour Measuring Machines?

3 weeks and no takers? Dang.

Re: Contour Measuring Machines?

It would be nice if you attached a drawing or photo of your details. From the verbal description it is difficult to understand what exactly your problem is.
    As for meters of this type, I have worked a lot with similar ones, only with a smaller stroke of the measuring tip. I can't say anything bad about him. The only limitation is the angle of inclination of the surfaces, which are almost vertical. The measuring tip sometimes cannot pass over such surfaces - this is still not a CMM.