584,841 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    At present there is obviously a research project for the development of cutting tools made from nanoscale materials with superhard coatings. Fields of application are dry machining and the cutting of hardened steels and cast iron. Further information here.

What do you think about it - or does anybody know further details?

(I asked the same question in the respective German thread, but there were only two answers until now, none of them giving further details.)
    <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->Die Werkzeugmaschine ist die Mutter aller Maschinen&#33;<br />The machine tool is the mother of all machines&#33;<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Quote Originally Posted by MTobe View Post
    What do you think about it - or does anybody know further details?
    I have found a few details - like the consortium of the project - by myself on page 7 of this pdf-file (German language only).
    More details are still welcome!
    <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->Die Werkzeugmaschine ist die Mutter aller Maschinen&#33;<br />The machine tool is the mother of all machines&#33;<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->