585,573 active members*
3,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody

We have the following problem on our Mikron:
    On the door switch a wire in the cable is sheared off for the 3rd time in a row. We always tightened it and it always worked.
    Now today we witnessed the following:
    We start the machine, serial part with several tool changes, and then change part. Controller on, machine starts and then an error message comes up: 2B0 Z axis doesn’t work anymore.
    The customer service says that the Z axis’s break is stuck. We heard a loud bang before the error occurred, that’s because the machine consumes electricity and then switches off.
    The cable of the door switch was also defect again. Funnily enough, sometimes the machine can process 5-6 parts. Possibly there could be a temperature problem.

My question: Has anybody got an idea before we call the technician from Charmilles as he isn’t always available quickly?

Mikron VCE 800 Pro with Heidenhain controller

Thank you in advance

Regards Rainer

Hello
    Problems with the rotary encoder on the main drive with the VCE are common. What spindle is built in?
    I don’t think it’s the break because as far as I know the VCE has an electronical break not a mechanical one.

Regards

toadie

Hello

Thank you for your answer. I recon it’s a thermic error. The machine runs for around 11 hours and then the problem occurs.

Maybe an electronic component part that doesn’t tolerate the heat.

The rotary encoder on the main drive? Can you change it separately?
    Mikron thinks it’s the break that the software gives out.

Has anybody got a different idea?

Regards Rainer