585,908 active members*
3,891 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > 320's and cnc4pc multifunction board

320's and cnc4pc multifunction board

Does anybody happen to have a set of gecko 320's hooked up thru cnc4pc's multifunction board (c11) I've been have a little problem getting things hooked up right for over a week, and I'm getting a little frustrated.

It seems no matter what I do, I end up with voltages that are all over the place. The multifunction board requires 3 power inputs. 5v from the computer, another 5v, and a 12v. Well, with the power supply from cnc4pc, and the 5v from my computer, my outputs are between 3-8v, as Mariss pointed out, this is way to high for a 0-5v input on the gecko.

So, if I skip the pc power supply, and tap into the 5v from the cnc4pc power supply, I can get my x axis to work. But my voltages are still wrong. the ERR/RES is now up to 8v.

What I would really appreciate, is a wiring diagram that shows everything, using this exact setup. Where, if someone was using this already, it would be quite simple.

here is what I have.
    gecko 320
    pin 1 = ground on 36v ps
    pin 2 = 36v
    pin 3 = one side of motor
    pin 4 = other side of motor
    pin 5 = dpdt to enc- and enc+
    pin 6 = dpdt to err, and encoder ground
    pin 7 = dpdt to err, and encoder power
    pin 8 = ch A. encoder
    pin 9 = ch B. encoder
    pin 10 = pin 2 on multifunction board
    pin 11 = pin 3 on multifunction board
    pin 12 = 5v pc power (unless conected to cnc4pc PS like mentioned earlier)

Multifunction cnc board C11 rel 1.1
    jumper set to 2-3 to enable safety charge pump thru pin 17 on mach3

output side
    pin 2 = pin 10 on gecko
    pin 3 = pin 11 on gecko

power/relay side (with output port for DB25)
    5v power = 5v power from cnc4pc PS
    gnd = 5v ground
    gnd = 12v ground (redundant I know, but I'm trying, and have tried it both ways)
    12v power = 12v power from cnc4pc PS

input side
    PC power gnd = pc case ground
    pc power 5v = pc power 5v from power supply (or from cnc4pc's ps which seems to be a step in the right direction)

I'm trying to keep it simple to start with, and get moving in the right direction, but it's not been easy. I could really use some help on this.

hey i will have mine tomorrow to wire up and see if i get the same problem...call arturo (cnc4pc owner) and he will help.