585,741 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Centurion Six

Angry Milltronics Centurion Six

Hi,

We have a Milltronics centurion six control and com 1 was damaged by lightning. Does anyone know the specs to match up another motherboard?
    Is there another source for a Lite-on 20V0 9803-02 since they don't make them anymore?Has any one had a board repaired before?Milltronics says its 1600.00 to replace with a different one. Outrages for one board.They don't have original parts available, I think that's sad on a four year old control.I ran some other controls that are 20 years old and you can still get parts.
    Any info would be helpful.I should add machine runs fine other than com1.

Thanks Chris

Have you checked ebay? You would not think 1600 is outrages if you were to price one for another brand of machine. Are you sure it's the motherboard and not the plug, cable or modem? I would think that repairing the motherboard would be cheaper than buying new.

I have the Centurion 6 controller but I couldn't give you any more info than you could get by pulling the board. Milltronics makes machines that are in a constant state of change it seems. No two machines are alike from what I was told from a former dealer.

moldcore,

Thanks for your reply, I believe the motherboard can be purchased like a regular pc board if you know the socket type etc.The chip is cooked on the board I'm sure about that.I got a rough quote for 600.00 for repair.Did you ever have a board repaired?

Thanks chris

Quote Originally Posted by CUTRITE
    moldcore,

Did you ever have a board repaired?

Thanks chris
    No. I would be tempted to go with the new board in your case. No telling what else the lightning may have zapped.

MOLDCORE,

I believe you are right about going new.
    Thanks

Paid $5000.00 for a board on my MAZAK.

Ben Colby,

They really got ya.

Cutrite,
    i have a centurion 6 controler and had the same issue (lightning strike took out comm 1) The higher-ups at or shop didnt think the cost of the mother board was justified because the machine still ran. I load all our programs now with floppys.

please keep us up to date on how you fix your machine, id like to know how to fix this for my machine

Thanks and good luck
    John

Hi dcrblazer,

Yes, I'm doing the same thing as you.Will let you know shortly. found another avenue.

Thanks

Hi,

I recommend only going thru Milltronics.There service is excellent.
    And you will be updated to latest software level.

Hi,

I advise for anyone interested to go to Milltronics.There service is unbeatable.