585,567 active members*
3,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syntec 6 controller

I'm looking for some help with our new Syntec 6ma controller. It's running a Roc-tech 1530atc machine. We just had it delivered this week, and in our excitement I think we messed it up.

The controller came with a Chinese interface, so we tried to get it to display in English. We did manage to get it into english mode, but in the process I believe we moved or erased files.

Now trying to set up the tool changer, or run any sort of code, we get an error message - "cannot find NC file - t0000"

We also went to the system menu, tried to do a system restore and when it says to select a file to restore it, none are on the internal drive, although there are lots of empty folders.

Long story short, basically I'm trying to figure out where I would get the firmware or restoration files for this controller. Any suggestions?

Re: Syntec 6 controller

Hi there
    Just got my own SYNTEC 6MA controlled 1325 wood router with linear tool changer (8 tools). The hardware seems great, the controller as well, but the documentation is truely sad.
    Am looking for all kinds of manuals and for advice and exchange, would be happy to share on some group site. Any idea about a postprocessor for Inventor HSM would be great, too. Anyone interested in sharing ideas and experience working with this router?
    Kind regards
    Mischa

Post Re: Syntec 6 controller

Hi Misch ,

Have you managed getting the post processor for syntec ? in case you have not seen it ,there is one which works with inventor hsm post processor it is called rs274.cp-RS-274D you will find it in post processor menu you just have to change G20 to G70 and G21 to G71 the machine will work with this one .the only problem i have now is with G02 and G03 circular output set up i keep getting error "destination arc is not on arc " anyways try with rs-274D it may work with your controller and if it does let me know .

Kind regards

Tesfay

Re: Syntec 6 controller

Hello there,

This is Johann-SyntecUS, an official Syntec FAE account. I found this old thread and just want to help you on this. The "T0000" file is a subroutine for tool change saved in a hidden Macro folder. Roc-tech or any manufacturer must have done the coding for it, so the easiest way is to ask Roc-tech for a back up file. And usually the factory will keep a complete software backup file, so contacting them will be the best way unless you wan to learn the coding for Macro from scratch.

We do provide English manual and training documents now, please PM me if you see any need.

Quote Originally Posted by SCC View Post
    I'm looking for some help with our new Syntec 6ma controller. It's running a Roc-tech 1530atc machine. We just had it delivered this week, and in our excitement I think we messed it up.
    The controller came with a Chinese interface, so we tried to get it to display in English. We did manage to get it into english mode, but in the process I believe we moved or erased files.
    Now trying to set up the tool changer, or run any sort of code, we get an error message - "cannot find NC file - t0000"
    We also went to the system menu, tried to do a system restore and when it says to select a file to restore it, none are on the internal drive, although there are lots of empty folders.
    Long story short, basically I'm trying to figure out where I would get the firmware or restoration files for this controller. Any suggestions?