585,728 active members*
4,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Enable PWM on Controller

Hi, I have recently purchased a 3Axis CNC machine from Ebay.

Is it possible to enable PWM on the controller? the boards have connectors marked as PWM, please see attached.

Is it just simple connect the boards together? are the pin outs 1 to 1?

Or do i need something else in between?

Hope someone can answer this.

Regards

John

Re: Enable PWM on Controller

I don't see how a PWM works here, except for the spindle motor. The stepper motors are controlled by 3 TB6560 chips.

What software controlled this machine, Mach3? Mach3 outputs "STEP" and "DIR" pulses for each motor.
    Do you have more info?
    An installation manual?

Hi,

MACH 3 is used for the controller, no manuals were supplied.

It is the spindle speed that I would like to control.

Regards

John

The spindle is controlled by the knob on the front panel, or by the PWM from Mach3, as I understand it.

Hi,

The reason I ask about PWM is I have some example G-Code that should control the spindle, but nothing happens.

If I need to adjust the speed during the machining process I would need to edit the G-Code to allow me time to make the adjustment.

Regards

John

Yes, that is done via the Mach3 output and the LPT port pin 17. You use the 25DB connector on the back of your unit, which connects to your PC printer port.

Hi,

Have made changes as suggested in MACH3 - Spindle step pin 17 DIR pin 1, but still no Spindle control via MACH3

Regards

John

I don't have your system so can't verify anything. You also have to set up the PID stuff.
    I found a manual in Chinese that you see from the pictures for additional settings to try;

Some additional info;
    Another newbe with a 3040Z CNC from China
    manual in Chinese http://www.usinages.com/ressources/u...nc-3040/149635
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...8-3040z-3.html

Did you ever figure this out?

I have the same controller with the same boards, would like to have the ability to turn the spindle motor on and off from Mach3 at least, PWM control would be nice as well.

The pinout of the PWM input is labeled on the spindle board but not the output jack on the stepper board. I found lots of info on the other styles of controllers that come with these small machines but they are not even close to the same boards as there is in this one.

I added Home switches tonight, nice to Ref To Home on all the Axis now, then i set soft limits for the table size so the X and Y won't crash into the other end and zero from the switches. I thought about limit switches but its a real pain in Mach3, once it trips the limit switch you can't reset and move off it so you have to shut off the controller to unlock the steppers and then manually move it off the switch, so i am guess the limit switch function in Mach3 is only used as an OOPS switch that just disables and thats it? Would have thought it would hit the limit switch and stop moving in that direction but still allow you to jog away in the opposite direction but it doesnt seem to allow that.

Nevermind, i think i got this figured out, will post about it shortly...

own a cnc mil 3020T-DJ 3 axis cnc machine

same issue here , i used my multimeter on the spindle switch and its cables and all work fine so the issue must be the same as everyone in here WTF we all got played we chud file a law suit on this china company i mean WTF how can it be that we all legit bought this new and it suppose to come with a 2 year manufacturer warranty yet NO one return this back or got that part replaced? i actually contacted this ******** and they pretty much disapered closed ebay account and all but you know that they are still selling this under a different name , so we all pretty much ****ED resorting to forums QUE COJONES YO im so pissed mind you all got this back in JAN and im still here with the same issue , any help will be great hmu

Frank-

thius is the machine i own
    New 3020 Desktop Router ENGRAVER Drilling Milling Engraving Machine CNC G | eBay
    help please......