585,932 active members*
3,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dnc Networking

Looking at setting up Networking for our machines. So far I've looked at Multi-Cnc and Predator. Anyone using these?
    Is there anything out there better? Your suggestions please.

060817-1134 EST USA

brtlatjgt:

I won't suggest a software package, but look at our web site www.beta-a2.com for information on RS232 isolation, high baud rate, and long cable capability.

You need to be more specific on the system structure you want, the computers you use, and the CNC machines. Do you need to DNC (drip feed) many machines at once? Drip feed at all? How long are your computer to CNC distances? How many different computers must connect to the the CNCs? How large are your files, min-max? How often do you load a program to a machine? Do you have an electrical noisy environment? Do you need to send programs from the CNCs to the computer(s)? And anything else you can think of.

We have all Okuma's at present. Osp700L on a L1420 lathe, OspE100L controls on a MCV4020 mill, L370 & L470 lathes, and an OSPp100 control on a LB35 lathe. All are RS232 and the P100 control also will accept a Lan T. Right now we have no need for drip feed but may in the future. Strictly transference of programs at present from a central location.

060817-1334 EST USA

brtlatjgt:

What are your cable lengths?
    More than one central computer?
    File sizes?

Download trial versions of

PC-DNC Editor --- Dan Fritz at [email protected]
    CIMCO Edit 5 ---- www.cimco-software.com
    Predator CNC Editor v7 ---- www.predator-software.com
    and any others,

and compare them and make your own decision. We use CIMCO to test our I232 Isolators, but this does not imply any relative comparison of CIMCO with other software. We use it because it came with Mastercam.

We use Predator DNCv7 for 15 CNC's. I am very happy with it. Rarly have to mess with it, just turn it on and forget about it.

Contact Greg at SFA.He is real sharp with Predator products.
    http://www.shopfloorautomations.com/