585,748 active members*
3,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: BENCHTOP PRO

Page 1 of 2 12

BENCHTOP PRO

Just wondering if there is any one with any knowledge towards the new benchtop pro model from cncrouterparts.com
    I am in the market for a unit of this size for hobby work.

Any thoughts or actual owner experience towards this unit would be much appreciated.

Re: BENCHTOP PRO

While I do not own a benchtop pro. I do own a standard 4848 that I am building right now. And have I have seen the benchtop pro in person. It appeared to be a very well constructed stiff machine.

thanks.

well the deal is done i should receive my benchtop pro in a few weeks.
    Complete with plug and play electronics,nema 23 with homing limits, auto zero plate and ethernet smoothstepper. and mount for the Bosch 1617.

sweet, let us know how it is. it appeared very strong and since it is all ballscrew on every axis should be very accurate. I love the ballscrew cover system the implemented to keep debris off the ball screws.

I am interested too. Looks like a great machine. I also have a PRO 4824, and have the same ball screw on the Z. Silky smooth.

I sure will. Can't wait for it to show up. Will post all my findings and thoughts as i proceed.
    real new to CNC. lol I'm sure I will be looking for help along the way.

The PRO4824 was in my sights for a while, I got a feeling i am going to purchase a large R&P pro model in the future. Will see where this new unit takes me first.

Trying to decide weather i should also try out the VCarve pro or artcam express to go with it. Rite now i use CamBam and a old copy of artcampro,

fortyeight, you ordered the exact same setup as I did. I put my order in on the 1st. So, we're just a few days apart.

Let us know how it goes with your setup. Would love to see some pictures.

I am glad to hear and to meet you. I sure will keep it updated as it arrives. You may get yours before me as i am in Atlantic Canada,Newfoundland on the Avalon peninsula almost as far east as Canada can go. it will take alittle while for my shipping. Hopefully it wont cause to much delay.

I was also consider the vcarvepro what are your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post

I was also consider the vcarvepro what are your thoughts.
    I suppose it depends on what you plan on cutting. For me, I'm cutting pieces for a brand new product. These pieces are all flat with a series of holes drilled into them. The only curved pieces I'll be cutting will have a convex shaped top that is very simple. So, I don't need anything as elaborate as vcarve pro. I did purchase Cut2D and Cut3D because I needed to have the ability to cut the convex shapes (which Cut2D cannot do).

I would evaluate what you're cutting, or what you plan on cutting in the future, and make your decisions accordingly. Just my 2 cents

Semus & fortyeight, :banana: good luck with the machine.

I am still waiting the freight cost to s'pore

did you get your machine yet?

Machine was going thru the shipping process yesterday as informed by cory. i should receive next week some time depending on the shipper.

I will post the process from here on in.

So far all is good. it has been shipped within there timeline hopefully the shipping will be swift, even for my location.

Hopefully the build will be great as well, i'm sure it will be great to.

So far in preparation i have built an aluminum table for it to mount on, purchased a new Bosch 1617 router, which fortunately i was able to purchase just the router without the bases, saving some $$$. I had no reson for the bases where t it is strictly for the CNC, and in the process this evening off putting together a desktop as well, strictly for the CNC.

I have also been trying to acquire some dxf files to try out the new unit. Any help in this department would be appreciated. As i am very new to the world of cnc and do not have alot.

ok machine is here and assembled. just fooling around to get used it.
    i starting using the auto plate it works the first time, but the second time i try it comes up in status probe ignorned, activated at call for probe, then shortly after it just staring moving toward home ocassionally. it has done this 3 times i have tried.

can anyone give me some insight

There may be a ground path all the way from your tool tip and through the machine frame -- this happens on some routers. If the signal wire on the touch probe is connected to the clip, the probe may be starting out in the wrong state in this case. Give us a call on Monday and we can help you through this.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Post a picture if you machine !!

Attachment 249506

Here it is. there are a bunch in my build thread

thanks Ahren

talk on monday

sexy dude, how funny I am shopping for garage cabinets at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCNC1 View Post
    sexy dude, how funny I am shopping for garage cabinets at the moment.
    Thanks.
    I got a bunch of those, was at canadian tire they were marked on clearance last year, i bought 15 pieces 3 tall cabinet, 5 uppers and 7 lowers like the machine is on. They are good product from stanley, sturdy all bolted together, so if you see them in a store they may be marked at regular price but ask, they are a discontinued product and then sell for 75% off, makes them a real nice deal

Hi, It's been a while but I was wondering if you had any impressions after having the machine for so long. I am seriously looking into getting one and I only have to finish saving up

Have you tried machining blocks of aluminum?

Has the machine accumulated any backlash?

Have you had to replace any parts?

How was the shipping process?

Anything else?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12