585,754 active members*
3,944 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The G01 & G71 problem!!!

Hi there,

I have some problem with EMCO CNC lathe. It has Sinumerik 6T on-board ( as I can see, it's Fanuc 6T with control panel made by Siemens ).

Everything works just fine, but in MEMORY mode, it starts OK, until first G01 or G71 command, and then all stops!!!

No alarms, anything...just waiting for something!!!

I checked everything I can think of, and everything is OK...but problem remeins...

Please, HELP!!!

post you program on here we might come up with some thing.

Are you in feed per revolution mode (G99)?

If so, then rapid motions will work fine, but the first G01 motion or the first feed motion will stop you cold if the spindle isn't rotating or your spindle encoder is bad or the belt is broken.

The power-up status of the control might be G99, and you may have to give it a G98 to put it into feed-per-minute mode. Try entering a G98 ahead of your G01 or G71 command.

The spindle encoder is usually belt-driven off the spindle shaft. A broken belt, a bad coupling, or a bad encoder will prevent you from using feed-per-revolution mode, and it will also prevent you from doing any threading.

Thanks Dan, I'll have to try that out... The problem is that machine is in workshop, while my computer is at home, so my ability for comunication is limited!
    My friend is writing programs, I am there just to keep machines running ( and I am relative new in bussines ), so I have to check out G99.
    Please, I must ask for your patience with me, and I indeed need Your help!

Thank's again guy's.