586,024 active members*
4,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > European Club House > The Energy HOLY GRAIL has been Discovered! (I hope...wow!)
Page 1 of 8 123

The Energy HOLY GRAIL has been Discovered! (I hope...wow!)

I wasn't sure where to put this but its FACINATING. My scanner ain't working so I hope you can read it. All I can say is WOWOWOWOW. I hope this is verified. It'll change the world. Watch this space!...and oh yeah....watch their movie on the site aswell. WOW!

http://www.steorn.net/en/technology.aspx?p=5

Edit: Wow!

Edit2: I don't know why this wasn't on the front page???

Edit3: The article is from the Irish Independant. NOT some crazy tabloid or weird paper. It was published Fri 18th Aug 2006.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails paper.jpg  

Clearly the Irish, or at least some of them, still believe in leprechauns and pots of gold at ends of rainbows.

lol. I hope your wrong Geof! Once upon a time the world was flat. Not "oh it might be flat", "It IS flat and it is the center of the universe". Mankind has always had to change their own laws every few centuries as new discoveries were made. Look at quantum physics and quantum theory, a lot of it contradicts the 'laws of physics' as we know them today. Im almost giddy at the thought of this.....just imagine if it works.....wow...

PS: I emailed them to register to get all test results. I'll keep this thread updated if they keep me updated!

Suprisingly (or not) lacking in details,

My guess is the leprichaun needs to quit making scientific "therory" while sitting on his pot of gold and get up then Flush and go do some work!

Probably a pipe dream (most likely where they came up with this stuff) but One can hope.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

lol

I'll take a bucketload please
    Keith

A long time ago I was a research associate in a university Physics Department working with a very clever fellow. He made a comment once about people who invent perpetual motion machines: "There are two types: The ones who sincerely believe they are onto something but their machine is only 60% efficient. They figure if they go and consult with a Physicist who knows more than twice what they know and is more than twice as clever then they can easily double their efficiency. The second type is the shyster who knows all the jargon to delude gullible journalists and investors. Their favorite phrase is 'you cannot prove it will not work' from which they imply the corollary that it will work.

Honest; TANSTAAFL is true.

From the Steorn forum page. This ones for Geof!

"CommentAuthor: MrGrynch
    CommentTime 15 hours ago

You can 'prove' many times over that a thing is true, but it will only take one thing to prove it is not. What you are referring to is not proof, but merely agreement with a prediction. It appears to be a law since it has never been observed to be other than predicted, but that is not an indication that we are correct under all circumstances.

Theory cannot render observation invalid. Instead you should be endeavouring to find a way to fit these observations into theory. If there is an apprent violation, then our understanding is what is flawed.

I can make no claims of the Steorn device, but I know for a fact at least one such device does exist and has been independently verified. A large scale correction to current electrical theory is presented by the inventor of this device. Please look into Dr. Tom Bearden."

Also interesting, just looked this up.
    http://www.cheniere.org/

Even if the thing did work (highly doubt it)
    Nothing is FREE, they will just charge two arms, two legs and a torso for the device.

What I like is a few of my nieghbors think they are on to something when they try putting a hydrogen generator on their cars to make hydrogen that they put into the airstream of the engine because it will increase fuel milage. When you try to tell them that it took energy to make the hydrogen and that the increase in fuel milage (if any)won't make up for the alternator having to run harder, it just goes over their head because they must be right.

JP

Thats true JP and I do agree Geof TANSTAAFL. But 'IF' this works (Whatever 'this' is because no they dont go into much detail) it wont have to cost an arm and a leg because the demand will make the inventors overnight trillionaires anyway at a low price. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see....but I for one am keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by diarmaid
    .....You can 'prove' many times over that a thing is true....etc...etc...
    Do I need to repeat myself? I will anyway; "The second type is the shyster who knows all the jargon to delude gullible journalists and investors."

Back in the early 1980s not long after the first 'energy crisis' this type of thing bubbled to the surface frequently. For a period of time there were abundant tax credits for companies developing all manner of things. I had firsthand experience with the second type I refer to in the quote above. I had founded a company making prototypes and scientific equipment and was well know in the local scientific/engineering community. Twice I was approached by entrepreneurs and inventors who had something that sounded plausible but scientifically was a bunch of nonsense. They wanted to get me involved as a director and receive shares in a company they were floating on the stock market. I asked one group why they approached me because they must surely have known I would tell them their invention was worthless. Their response was; 'yes but you will give it scientific credibility' and can sell your shares when we go public. I am not a shyster so I never took up any offers.

Interesting, but I'm skeptical. I've not closed my mind to think that over unity can't be achieved, as I believe there are physical laws we just don't understand yet. I suspect we will see some channeling of existing energy we know exists in nature such as gravity, infared, magnetism to create harnessable mechanical energy sometime. That byproduct won't be free in money terms, but maybe be cheap in net energy consumed vs produced. We've been stuck in this have to have it now mentality, and it has to be perfect now and we shouldn't be.
    The Hoover Dam for instance has produced an average of near 5000 gigawatthours of electricity over the last ten years and has been producing electricity for 60+ years. Resources and costs were high in its creation, and it has recurring costs to operate, but it also has an extremely long life span. It took fossle fuels to build, and it costs some fossle fuels on a recurring basis. (moving people and parts....for upgardes, maintenance and so forth) But comparison to consumed energy, I think it should be considered an over unity machine. Not from a physics point of view but a practicle point of view.
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

The site is almost interesting but so scarce of details that I must believe that it's a hoax. I'd be willing to admit there there COULD be some logical explaination as to where the energy comes from (magnetic, EM, etc) but it's certainly not *FREE*. Their reluctance to provide any details at all is very damning to their credibility. If their claims are true they should have waited until there is some sort of proof.

For a much, much more detailed and interesting treatment of physics try http://rodinmath.com/

At least that guy is willing to actually provide information on his theories!

Warning though, the website is very very STRANGE. Maybe the guy is on to something or maybe he's on something. At least you get to really find out what he's trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Adder

Warning though, the website is very very STRANGE. Maybe the guy is on to something or maybe he's on something. At least you get to really find out what he's trying to say.
    "donut, donut everywhere, yet never one to eat" ..... and yet intriguing.

Keep your mind open, but not so wide that your brain falls out.

John
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

hmmm...I stopped reading at MATHEMATICAL FINGER PRINT OF GOD and the adapted ying/yang! But it has me interested enough to go back later!

Quote Originally Posted by diarmaid
    hmmm...I stopped reading at MATHEMATICAL FINGER PRINT OF GOD and the adapted ying/yang! But it has me interested enough to go back later!
    Yeah, believe me, his explaination of what his theory is is very left field. But it's incredibly interesting nonetheless. If you can get past the weird fingerprint of God and Spirit eminating from the center of the donut talk then you get to some very interesting information. The freaky part is that he's got endorsements from some high up people including a researcher at Microsoft and scientists at NASA. Maybe he is on to something at least. At the least it appears that his rodin coil does actually work better than previous technology.

Gentlemen,
    This story was on digg.com a few days ago.
    After a little digging, looking up cached versions of the website etc. It appears to be a great marketing ploy to gather email addresses and contact information of people in the related field. I hope you didn't sign up.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33525509845733
    I especially like the demo with 3 horse shoe magnets and a little storm. That's convincing -- sorry, this isn't really even a good hoax, they need a box with sparks and stuff coming out.

But that is one really nice web site. If all the web designers in Ireland are that good, they will be taking over the web design world for sure. http://www.steorn.net/frontpage/default.aspx

While in college taking a course in business ethics, I was warned about ANYBODY who had stuff tested by un-named experts at un-named universities with unspecified results.

Yet on the very first page of the posted website for this ruse (IMO) we find the following claim:

"Our technology has been independently validated by engineers and scientists - always off the record, always proven to work."

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like one, it is hardly a swan...

BTW, I do seem to recall the nuclear power industry making the same claims about the "clean electric power" that they would create that would be so cheap that you could take the meters off the sides of houses. I still have my meter, do you???

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....

BTW, there is a member selling some converted swamp land as beach front property elsewhere's on the site. He's assured us that the pumps will be there the second Tuesday of next week to make this a reality.

I'd be inclined to make sure your spam filters and virus filters are REALLY updated if you chose to sign up for this.

Page 1 of 8 123