585,719 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need BP series 2 power cab-schematic

Hello,

Does anyone have a copy, or can identify, the component values of the parts in the "attached pictures", of my BP2. I need to know what is what, so I can keep the stuff that I can reuse..
    It was the power cabnet for a Boss 6. It is a 3 phaze 230v input. I had heard that the transformer in the lower right is a 220v to 110v is that true?
    Which one of the transformers runs the spindle moter? (I suspect that the 3 smaller transformers used to be the power supplies for the 3 stepper drives.
    (see attached pics for power cabnet conformation).

scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullview control panel.jpg   top-half control panel.jpg   bottom-half control panel.jpg   rightsidewall control panel.jpg  

doorpanellayout.jpg  

Bootom right hand transformer is to convert incoming power to 110VAC for relays, contactors, etc.
    Big transformer up top is T2 used to make power for axis drives. Above that is the spindle motor forward/reverse contactors and the associated overload.
    Those last 3 devices that look like transformers are saturable core reactors used in conjunction with the ACC board for current control of the axis.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have a set of full size blueprints from a boss 4 I will sell cheap.
    PM me if you want them.

OK, so what is the little board on the right hand wall?

wyobmf: Are the blue prints you have boss4, would they be the same blueprints for a boss 6 power cabnet? I really just want to identify all the components, and what thier electrical values/specs to see what I can salvage. From what machintek said above, it looks like I can reuse the 110v transformer, and possible the moter contactors if I can get the schematics on them.........

So if your blue print has the above info, and its info will be that same as my
    cabnet. then yea, PM me and tell me what you want on them.

scott

Might be the SCA board (spindle coolant arrest board). Allows ZDI to shut off spindle and coolant.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

From what I can see the panel on your boss 6 looks just like my boss 4. The board on the side did have something to do with a coolant pump.

wyobmf

Ok pm me on a price on the prints (please make sure they have the electrical value of things on it).

scott