Hi Kflopians!

I'm attempting to retrofit a 1998 ARIX knee mill (about 6000lbs and a 5hp spindle to give an idea of size) that was equipped with propriety controls and drivers, and I want to use the dynomotion equipment for the retrofit

Attachment 244714

I'll summarize where the machine is coming from and where it's heading to, before asking my question.

From: 486 PC running DOS based ARIX software restricted to a floppy disk and RS232 interface for DMC (PC is labeled '1' in the attached image)
To: Windows PC running MACH3 (or KmotionCNC if I find it to be a good replacement)

From: 8 (yes 8!!!) separate ARIX interface boards for motion control and I/O (boards are defined as PMI, PMS, PMD, MDD, MIO, MTC, IOC, and DDD if anyone can guess what they all are?)
To: Replace with KFlop and Kanalog boards

From: 3 x propriety ARIX servo drives connected according to the diagrams I've attached , driving SEM MT30U4-36 brushed DC servo's fitted with tacho and accu-coder 755A encoders
To: ????

Attachment 244718

The Mitsubishi Freqrol A200 VFD, the 3PH coolant pump, the oiling pump, lamp, applicable contactors, power draw bar and transformer are all staying, and I do hope to keep the standard jog wheels/control touchpad as well, but I'm not so sure if I can make them interface correctly at the moment.

Now my question is about the motor drivers, because servo control is a bit new to me (all my previous machines have been steppers).

a) I'm hoping that someone experienced can have a look at the attached circuit diagrams/photos of the ARIX driver interfaces, and help me understand if these inputs look somewhat 'standard', and could be controlled with the +/-10V and other I/O from the kAnalog. Specifically, do "XDRVGND, XON, X-OUT, XACIN TG+, TG- BRAKE, +24VG, XDRVDRY+" sound like they align with some standard driver inputs? Bear in mind that these are just the DB25 signals between the motion controller and driver, and the motor connections and input power are the screw terminals on the front.

Attachment 244716 Attachment 244720

b) If I cant control the ARIX drivers with the kAnalog, I'd like replace all 3 with a snapamp. But my existing transformer supplies 110V/10A, and the motors (SEM MT30U4-36) have ratings of 140V/7.5A (13.2A stall). I thought these would run a fairly standard voltage, but the snapamp only seems rated to 80V). Am I misinterpreting something, or is snapamp not going to work for me?

Thanks in advance,
Tim