585,708 active members*
3,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Nozzle\Mixing tube just expires in 20 hours

Nozzle\Mixing tube just expires in 20 hours

Hello Friends...i am facing a unique problem from last 2 weeks...my nozzels expired just after in 10 to 20 working hours..i try different companies nozzels Roctec100 aswell...but they all damaged in a same way...even i change mixing chamber if its allignment were out ..but same problem ..please check pictures and help me how to fix it & where actuall fault is ...
    Thnx
    Qasim

Re: Nozzle\Mixing tube just expires in 20 hours

Have you changed your orifice lately?

alexhawker i can use every new nozzle with new orifice... but same result

Quote Originally Posted by qasimk View Post
    alexhawker i can use every new nozzle with new orifice... but same result
    Hmm, I've never seen anything like that, but I wouldn't say I've seen a lot. What make/model is the machine?

It almost looks like your mixing tube isn't being held in line with the high pressure stream. Is it possible to adjust it somehow on the head?

Have you had any recent crashes that might explain the misalignment?

I would try marking the mixing tubes after installing each fresh one, to see if the uneven wear you're seeing is always in the same place. This would help you figure out the direction of the misalignment.

What kind of pump, how much pressure are you trying to push through it. I see you mention Rotec 100? We don't use anything buy Rotec 500 nozzles, and typically see anywhere from 1-2 months of good use on a nozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by qasimk View Post
    Hello Friends...i am facing a unique problem from last 2 weeks...my nozzels expired just after in 10 to 20 working hours..i try different companies nozzels Roctec100 aswell...but they all damaged in a same way...even i change mixing chamber if its allignment were out ..but same problem ..please check pictures and help me how to fix it & where actuall fault is ...
    Thnx
    Qasim
    Probably solved your problem by now I am guessing!

My guesses would be the type of garnet you are using, extreme pressure from pump (unlikely), but my guess after garnet size would be the timing of events. If the event timing is off it will allow garnet to clog the mixing tube. Enough pressure will blow out the clog but also part of the mixing tube as well. At the end of each cycle allow enough time for the garnet feed to shut off, while still running water through the nozzle for a few seconds.

I had a similar issue with two omax machines when I began to start playing with low pressure etching. Event timings were off, tubes were clogging. Fortunately enough before running high pressure through the tubes I corrected the issue. Easy fix on omax, don't know about other waterjet machines!