585,981 active members*
4,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > CNC for MDF cabinets under 20k, 4-axis?

CNC for MDF cabinets under 20k, 4-axis?

I’m looking for a CNC router in the 10-20k range. I’m going to be cutting 4x8 sheets of ¾ MDF, mostly cabinets. I’ll be running about 25-50 sheets a month. The cabinets use cam and posts, so I’d like a machine that can drill side holes, but none of them seem to be able to do that in my price range.

I have all my designs in AutoCAD, so easy conversion is important. I’m leaning towards a ShopBot, but I’ve seen lots of good things about ShopSaber as well.

I don’t mind getting an entry level machine and then adding some upgrades in the future, say for example upgrading to a spindle.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    DAMike (newbie)

Here is something that I have seen used very well, but only for sides upto 48".
    The owner was using a shopbot router, and made the table so that the boards could be clamped with the edge facing up toward the gantry. Then the machine was set up to cut tennons, I am sure you could use the same principle to drill the side holes. Best of luck, if I could use graphics programs I could give a better representation.
    Stephen