585,712 active members*
4,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil X5 Z axis limit switch location

Syil X5 Z axis limit switch location

My X5 is always miss setting the Z Axis Home position (Reff All) - it can find any number of different positions. Does anyone know where the switch is located...the tech drawings never mention it. I'm thinking it may be loose?
    (using Mach3)

Thanks in advance.

Greg.

Re: Syil X5 Z axis limit switch location

Try setting debounce to a bigger figure. Probably noise on switch lead.
    My SX3 does that, but I know it is dirt and stuff on optical interrupter, so I just give it a blast of air if it does not get to the taped mark.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Smile Re: Syil X5 Z axis limit switch location

Hi Neilw20, I will try it out > current setting was 4, new setting 100. I'd still like to know where I can access the switch - it's not visible from the front of the machine.

4 would be next to useless, bump it up to say 125 ~~ that's 10mS. You might have dust in optos, like me.
    Where in Aus are you? I am in Melbourne.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

If any one knows where the X5 Z limit switch is physically located I would still like to know.

Hi Neilw20, I’m in Sydney, Kings Langley.

I’m a watchmaker, hand making a watch with the view to starting a company. The Syil X5 seemed ‘fit for purpose’ as a CNC solution because I am making very small parts. I work full time so the project is taking forever.
    I use Mach3 with the Smoothstepper interface; software crashes seem to be a real plague with this setup.
    Originally I tried to get the X5 with servo's but the dealer here said that Syil would not supply them....I think the extra cost would have been worth while. I built a 5th Axis (which stretched the capability of the X5) but the results are disappointing mostly due to my poor design specs.

Any way...

I've just tried the debounce setting (125) and there is no change.

Just to provide more of an explanation; if I move the Y Axis away from Home then Ref All, it will move the table until it finds the Y Axis limit switch. If I do the same for the Z Axis it will decide that Home is within about 10mm from its current location, it will not move the head until it finds the Z Axis limit switch.

Is that a ethernet smoothstepper or USB?
    Some versions of Mach3 don't work well with Smoothstepper.
    SS recommend ...050 Mach3. Is it running out of data? PC might be a problem. Laptop. Almost certainly a problem.
    Why...
    Read all of this to instill confidence in my comments!!
    Time