585,712 active members*
4,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Full sized keyboard on an EZ Trak

We had a CMOS battery failure on our EZ Trak SX. Now I need to get past the "CMOS checksum failure Defaults loaded" screen. I read several posts that say they've hooked up a full sized keyboard, but I've been unable to get one to work. I've tried plugging into all three different sockets on the back of the controller, using a PS2 keyboard with a AT adapter, but pressing delete or F1 has no effect. I can get to the BIOS page using the controllers keyboard, but there is no way to select "Y" to save changes.
    How can I get the full sized keyboard to work?

Zeke

Re: Full sized keyboard on an EZ Trak

One connector on the back of the panel is used for the key pad. The second connector is just a flow through to the third connector. Move the plug from the computer to the second plug and then plug the full size keyboard into the third connector.

If that does not work, just plug the full size keyboard directly into the computer. That eliminates the plugs and wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by reabdet21 View Post
    One connector on the back of the panel is used for the key pad. The second connector is just a flow through to the third connector. Move the plug from the computer to the second plug and then plug the full size keyboard into the third connector.

If that does not work, just plug the full size keyboard directly into the computer. That eliminates the plugs and wiring.
    Thanks, I'll try that in the morning.

If you would like to have access to a full keyboard often, you can purchase a "splitter" that is basically a "y" connector. Just plug it in line with the key pad and you have a connector free for the full size keyboard. You can connect both of them at the same time.

13 inch DIN 5 at Style Male to Dual Female Keyboard Y Splitter Cable YS 001 | eBay

I will try this setup.
    It will be connecting both keyboards at the same time from bootup, without transfering between the two Din5 terminals.

Thanks

cnctools