585,930 active members*
3,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Wrong side of circle is connected.

Wrong side of circle is connected.

During geometry creation of a curved slot I have found that sometimes when connecting the geometry the arc at the end of the slot is inverted from what I want. I am using GibbsCAM 7.3. Basically I create two circles that form the inner and outer walls of the curved slot. Then I create two lines that radiate from the center point of the previous circles for where the the slot ends. At the ends I then create circles the same diameter as the slot is wide. Then when I go to connect it all sometimes one of the end circles is inverted. I can't seem to find a way in GibbsCAM to make it choose the other side of the circle. I have used SmartCAM and MasterCAM and there is a way to choose which solution you want, but with GibbsCAM it seems random and uncontrollable.

Thanks
    Rocky

In the modify menu there is a "reverse arc" option. select the arc geometry and then select "reverse arc" from the modify menu and this should solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by machineoperator
    In the modify menu there is a "reverse arc" option. select the arc geometry and then select "reverse arc" from the modify menu and this should solve your problem.
    Thanks that did it. For a while I thought I was a mouse trapped in a maze made to lose.

Rocky

Keyboard shortcut: select the arc then Ctrl + T. Faster than going into the menu.