585,728 active members*
5,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hardinge Bridgeport GX1600

I have read many helpful post. But today I need help! My Hardinge Bridgeport GX1600. Has two issues.. 1) alarm 1013 magazine no in position. The process says to depress the reset button. it does not work. I can't eve get the ready button to come on. So I have power to the control and can use it but no communicating to the machine till the ready button will come on. Also the tool in the spindle is 0 and the next tool is 0.
    2) I have a OT 0506 OT 0507 B= B- overtravel (hard). But I shut the 3004 bit 5 off by changing it to a 1 for now till I can get the first problem fixed.

Any help I will be grateful.
    Thanks Tom

Re: Hardinge Bridgeport GX1600

I for got to mention it's a fanuc oi-md control

Is it sounds like I/O or wire problem. Did it work OK, then get both problems at the same time? Decode the mag alarm with the ladder and see what is causing it.

It had a ot0506 and 0507 overtravel hard first then this came right after. I have not been able to fix either. except in the parameters 3004 bit 5 changing it to a 1 disabled the ot til I can get the machine in ready .. I hope

- - - Updated - - -

not sure how to decode the mag alarm

If you have a paper print of the ladder, there is a list of elements. Find the alarm and W search it in the pmclad page, that will show you the items that cause the alarm. If no hard copy start at the bottom of the ladder and page up until you find the alarm rung.

I see on the ladder page where it looks like there is a problem two places where it appears to suppose to be connected and its flashing and not a connection. What can I do to fix this.

Flashing is some sort of timer or counter. The line that makes the alarm has elements made, that should not be. Find the alarm line and see what is the problem.

ifixcnc I need your help I am not seeing what I need to find to fix my cnc mill. Please if you can and have time could you call me and step me threw it. 517-712-3169 I have a meeting in 5 mins down the road for a job. I will be back in the plant in a hour and a half which is 11am here. Thank you for all of your help so far it has helped me get this far.

I wish I had time for that but, I am on a large job at this time. There must be some one in your neck of the woods who can trouble shoot Fanuc ladder. Worst case call Fanuc. Sorry.

I don't know if these will help at all but i figured it was worth a shotAttachment 246522Attachment 246524

Thanks Clyde_06 I have them matching already. Just trying to figure out where to fix the alarm at. I have them just cant seem to locate them in the ladder.

Did you get these problems fixed? Do you have a Tsudakoma indexer? As far as the magazine no in position, check to see if both proximity switches are being made by the magazine cam.

As for the B axis negative hard over travel hold the blue "EM" button and the "ready" button at the same time and jog the B axis in the positive direction then release both buttons. hit reset and you should be good to go.

One more thing you need to do is manually jog the magazine to pot one position and MDI an M148. This will reset your magazine position. If that doesn't work MDI an M149 to reset the tool data page back to original (1,2,3 etc). Then remove all tools and call them up in MDI and install them correctly in the spindle. To view the tool data page go to the counter page (the one Clyde posted), hit data, oprt, zoom. You should see a page that shows cuuret tool, pot position, and next tool. Page down to see the complete tool data page. Hope this helps.