585,605 active members*
3,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > K2 with kmotionCNC "G Code Error GCode Aborted"

K2 with kmotionCNC "G Code Error GCode Aborted"

Hi I recently buy a K2CNC the machine comes with Windows 8 and KMotionCNC Software. the machine was working fine until a week ago, now when the machine is cutting the machine stops but the spindle still running (it happens randomly) I get a "GCode Error GCode Aborted" dialog popup and sometimes is at the begining.

The machine is in the same position.
    The machine don't have internet
    I generate the Gcode in the same computer

Please Help!

Re: K2 with kmotionCNC "G Code Error GCode Aborted"

Hi Dimebag_cnc,

Run KMotion.exe and open the Console Screen while the machine is running to see if there is an error message when the problem occurs. It might be that the Limit Switches are faulty or there is noise causing an erroneous limit switch condition.

But you should really contact K2CNC as they know how the machine was built, wired, configured, etc...

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes
    Hi,

I thought you said you received an "GCode Error GCode Aborted". But now you say it hangs "Program not responding" ?

I would back up the system before re-loading software. I don't know if K2CNC Flashes anything to the KFLOP board. If you Flash New Version to KFLOP anything K2CNC Flashed to the board will be lost. We don't normally recommend anything to be Flashed to KFLOP.

What Version are you running? If it was working before and now not, then something must have changed.

What is the minimum you have to do to recover? Can you just restart KMotionCNC? Reinitialize KFLOP? Power Cycle KFLOP?

Please ask questions on the Forum.

Regards
    Hi thanks for the response! sorry for the private message I wrote from there because the original thread was closed !!

Yes I got a "G Code Error GCode Aborted" and the program hangs "Program not responding" at the same time exactly when i close the dialog popup. Plus the axis position X Y Z turns yellow.

I really don't want to reinstall the software is just that I'm desperate at this time, thought it would be a possible solution.

Hi Dimebag_cnc,

I'm not sure what that might be. Providing us with as much information may help including answering the question in the previous email. Also things like how often does it happen? What it is doing when it happens? Is it repeatable (I think you said no)? When running KMotion.exe at the same time you said that there was no message on the console. Are you able to enter "Version" on the Console Screen and get a response from KFLOP?

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Dear Tom,

I will continue this thread, as it describes similar problem to mine.

Under some conditions I am receiving following error from KmotionCNC: "Gcode error G code Aborted", see attached screen. After error occurs, Kmotion CNC is not responding anymore, Kflop either and only hardware reset helps.

My aplication is pretty unusual - Kflop controls industrial robot for injection molding machine. G-code is looped forever by m99 command at the end of g-file.
    Error occurs randomly, sometimes program is running fine for 100 and more reps, sometimes it fails just after 3rd attempt. What is common, it fails evertime in exactly the same line and the same robot phisical location.

It is hard for me to understand what could be the reasons of such errors. At the first sight it looks like noise issue, but why does it stops everytime in exactly the same place?
    Why program can sometimes run with not problems for a while and sometimes fail?
    Could you explain all conditions of "Gcode error G code Aborted" error, please? Is this hardware only or can be caused by software as well?

My configuration:
    Kflop+Kanalog+Konnect
    Kmotion 432
    Windows XP
    Last edited by luc_besson; 09-28-2015 at 09:01 PM.