585,937 active members*
3,944 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 5 123

Lightbulb Tormach YouTuber's Unite!

Alright guys, after talking with Steve and Mountiandew about how we don't watch TV, just YouTube videos - we need a growing list of "Tormach YouTuber's" so we can watch each other, and learn tips, tricks and issues about the machines. I have a hard time, finding time to browse the forums everyday (I took about a year off from here) but do watch YouTube Vids about machining everyday.

I do subscribe to many of you already, but others may not know who you are.

I'll Start with my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/TacticalKeychains

I have a Tormach Playlist to make it easy to single the videos out (Video below is a copy past of the playlist, but it didn't work right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5U...0t8GzzHhItSKdO

Re: Tormach YouTuber's Unite!

BAMCNC,
    Nice video and good to see you are busy as the alternative is undesirable.
    I have a couple questions if I may:
    Are you doing your own anodizing in blue or what is the process you are doing in the tank?
    And may I ask what you are using for your tumbling process, equipment and media?

Thanks in advance and I'll say it again; nice video / videos
    LRF

Excellent video - right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

WW
    Manufacturing & Development
    ThermaeCooling.com

Your days finish like mine- cold and quickly consumed! Awesome! Nice work on your products too...the results speak for themselves. I need to set up a youtube channel this year and start sharing some of the fun and craziness that happens in my world too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nice video!
    Lots of detail to your work, right down to label printer.
    Little things like that make for more complete process.
    Im a student of process these days "I guess" and I make mental notes of such things.
    well done
    md

Thanks Guys! It's not about that video, it's the channel in general I want to see YOUR channels

Even if you JUST start one with no videos, post the channel, we will help you grow (remember, you *can* make money from YouTube, there are people who make millions.)

Check out socialblade.com to see how much people make.

To answer some questions though.

Yes, I do my own anodizing, but it's Titanium, so a different (and much much shorter) process than Aluminum.

I have a video I posted a few days ago showing my tumbler and media, I think I have about 5-6 vids on my tumbler alone

Thanks MD, Yes, shipping as much as I do, that printer has paid itself off 50-100 times over I bet.

Right now I have 3000 TiMaGs to anodize, press in magnets, and ship out in over 500 packages - that requires ALOT of organization

Thanks for the inspiration. I will get rolling on that as soon as my productivity gets to peak this week. Stilll climbing out of the hole and thunderstorms have me sitting around CAMing, tumbling and deburring parts right now.

It's funny, I post a few of my vids on CNCzone and now I'm getting thumbs down on vids. Wonder who they are from? Speak up!

What parts? Can we see your parts?

What if we don't have a tormach? Are we not invited? Elitist pricks..

Hi BamCnc
    What channels do you subscribe to? Besides yours, I also watch Knife making Tuesdays, and NYC CNC. Any other recommendations?

I hope to start my own channel soon. Got a Tormach last year for making injection molds for a kickstarter project (EasyGimbal).

Here's a fun little project from today. All made on the 1100 to validate a design for one of my clients in the food industry. Basically they needed their product crushed down to a certain size distribution for analytical testing without adding a lot of heat in the process (like a coffee grinder or blender potentially could). Here is a peak at the small scale version. I'm driving it ghetto style with a KitchenAid PTO at the moment and will throw a stepper, arduino etc. on it for them if they are happy with the particle distribution that it produces. This was 6061 and 7075 Aluminum with a UHMW rail. I didn't get any shots of the sub-assemblies because I was in mad scientist mode, but the studded wheels were made from 4" round bar stock (4th axis) and the gears were cut out of some 3/8" plate I had laying around. Yeah it is not rocket science, but it is always fun to make a functional proof of concept that gets you closer to a deal to build several full scale beasts Enjoy.Attachment 246214Attachment 246216Attachment 246218Attachment 246220Attachment 246222

Attachment 246224Oh yeah and I needed a defined volume sampling cup with a classifying screen too...sooo I just banged one out of the 4" bar stock and called it good. No fooling around with the step on this one...GO BABY GO Helical plunge and make the chips fly!Attachment 246226

Quote Originally Posted by rlockwood View Post
    What if we don't have a tormach? Are we not invited? Elitist pricks..
    I said I don't watch tv
    I did say I watch some net videos and mostly college based ones from mit, and other engineering colleges.
    The net is full of videos and content is getting watered down real fast and the reason I mostly stick to professional content done by professional teachers.
    And yes I bet that makes me elitist . the starving student type
    Im out here to learn not promote videos or YOUtube channels.
    md

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I said I don't watch tv
    I did say I watch some net videos and mostly college based ones from mit, and other engineering colleges.
    The net is full of videos and content is getting watered down real fast and the reason I mostly stick to professional content done by professional teachers.
    And yes I bet that makes me elitist . the starving student type
    Im out here to learn not promote videos or YOUtube channels.
    md
    I was just trolling Brad

Quote Originally Posted by rlockwood View Post
    I was just trolling Brad
    Yes, easy to see I'm a little brook trout that jumps on anything even a shadow.
    If I live long enough I will learn better skills
    md

Serious question though, can non-tormach users participate? I have a machining youtube channel where i use a similar class machine but I'm not using a tormach brand.
    warmachinellc.com

Yes, please just post it, I'm sure there's helpful information that applies to tormach users as well :-)

Hi my name is James. I made the "mistake" of going with a Mikini 1610L instead of a Tormach PCNC 1100 when first shopping a few years ago now. The Mikini is a hell of a nice machine mechanically but the electronics sourced for the spindle were such crap that it was hardly usable for years after I bought it. I have since gutted the old spindle motor and electronics and figured out how to seamlessly retrofit an AC inverter duty motor and VFD and it cuts great now.

Anyway my youtube channel is dedicated to documenting product development for my inventions and my videos have a heavy emphasis on machining and machining parameters which I think could be greatly beneficial to some here. I record almost all of my machining and post it with all the relevant cutting data so that I can refer back to it in the future as sort of a video notebook. I hope you guys don't find it too boring and dry but I'm trying to dial in cutting parameters for production. I machine almost exclusively 4140 HT alloy steel and 6Al-4V Ti right now.

I also have a blog with a narrative that goes into much greater detail about each video. Things like pondering strategy, tooling selection, more photos, costs, software settings. All the stuff that I need to document so I can refer to it later.

Here is my blog with videos: http://www.warmachinellc.com/blog/

You can subscribe to my youtube channel here too: https://www.youtube.com/user/SIMEYFACE/featured

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    It's funny, I post a few of my vids on CNCzone and now I'm getting thumbs down on vids. Wonder who they are from? Speak up!

What parts? Can we see your parts?
    Your right! I've never gotten one thumbs down until I posted the link to my channel in this thread earlier this afternoon. Now I start getting thumbs down today. Who's the punk?

Just remember guys, "Haters gonna hate!". Sorry that someone "cool" is taking a negative Nancy position with your vids. I have enjoyed watching them so thumbs up from me.

Page 1 of 5 123