585,759 active members*
4,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Keyboard Interface Error

Red face Keyboard Interface Error

Had this problem a few years back and just unplugged the connectors and plugged them back in and it came back to life but this time it did not work. I do mot remember if I removed the keyboard encoder card or not and may have and will drive back over to the shop and see if that will work later. The part number needed is 7325-1 but also wondering if this can be sent in to be repaired seeing they cost over 600.00 or if it is an easy fix for the DIY. Can anybody give me some guidance on this. I also read where they take an old computer 486 motherboard and upgrade the Centurion 5 and wondering how hard that is to do as I have not seen much mentioned about it anymore. This group has always been a great help to me and I am a real low budget one man shop.
    Glen

Re: Keyboard Interface Error

If you get the error at boot-up, you probably have motherboard problems. Try plugging a keyboard directly into the connector on the motherboard itself and see if you still get the error.

If it is a motherboard issue, PM sportybob for a single board computer replacement solution

I forgot to mention that I plugged in a keyboard into the motherboard and it booted up then but not able to run the machine that way. Talked with Milltronics and they suggest a keyboard encoder card which right now being a one man shop things has been slow. It did this the other day and I just shut it down and rebooted and it was OK but after awhile I do think the panel quit responding but I just shut it down went home. I also have a keyboard plugged in but it does not respond to that some it points back to the encoder card I think.
    Thanks
    Glen

I just experienced a similar situation on a machine I was servicing. That one would boot through to the Initializing screen but returned a BAD V error when initializing the front panel. I also thought it was a Keyboard Encoder Card but replacing it didn't help. My problem is a motherboard issue so it is getting a SBC upgrade.

You CAN replace most of the front panel function with a keyboard plugged into the motherboard using an ALT+number combination. I'm not able to post my list of key combos for you right now, but I will when I get back home next week. You can call Milltronic's Service Dept and ask them for a list, maybe that will let you run the machine until you get to the point where you can afford to do the upgrade.

How do you look up a member to message them? Sometimes things stare right at me and I still do not see em but I want to contact sportybob.
    Thanks
    Glen

Here is the list of key combinations to replace the Front Panel buttons:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found the short cuts to use the keyboard plugged into the MB but for I cannot get the drives to turn on and called the factory and the guy said looking at my serial number that I might not be able to run it with a keyboard. just my luck....Unless there is a way to reset the drives I am sunk till I get an keyboard encoder card.
    Thanks
    Glen

Try pressing AND holding the Re-set button in WHILE you press the Alt AND the F10 button. Some machines have a contact on the re-set switch that must be made when the control tries to energize the CR1C relay.

ZZZZ your the man! If you ever get up in the Lindstrom area let me know
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.