585,759 active members*
3,910 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Series 180i-MB : Program is Now Write Protected...Cannot Edit!

Question Fanuc Series 180i-MB : Program is Now Write Protected...Cannot Edit!

A program I edited a month ago now gives me a flashing "WRITE PROTECT" message when I try to make a change. I am using the correct log-in credentials and sequence for making a change within a program. Is there a parameter that would prevent me from editing programs using the controller?

I have tried to get around this by uploading the program with the revision I made offline, but I can only punch the program onto my flash-drive; I cannot read it back into the controller...I get a flashing "LSK" message...but that is a separate issue.

I have a log in username and password I need to enter before I can make program changes. I also need to use a key to enable program changes to be made.
    Someone else is going to check to make sure that the key slot is functioning properly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Re: Fanuc Series 180i-MB : Program is Now Write Protected...Cannot Edit!

Check pmc signal g46.3,g46.4,g46.5,g46.6 working while program protect key toggles.

We were not getting any signals while I toggled the protect key. We opened up the HMI panel and the electronic key assembly was loose and not plugged in properly. Once it was secured and connected, I was able to edit the program. Thank you for the reply!

If you're program is stored somewhere in between O8000 and O9999, parameter 3202 is used to edit-protect them ( perhaps someone changed the program number or the parameter ) 3202 bit 0 disable editing for program between O8000 and O8999. And 3202 bit 4 protects programs in the O9000 to O9999 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk