585,568 active members*
3,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying advice - Chinese laser

Hi everyone,

I have read many positive reviews for the Chinese laser systems on this forum and others.

Therefore, I have decided to make the push and buy my own, direct from China. I've been in contact with Thunderlaser, G weike (wk laser) and Shenhui.
    I'm pretty much set on a 900 x 600 with 80W tube, and will be using it to mark anodized aluminium and cut 9mm plywood.

I have a few queries:

1) Is the 80W tube powerful enough to cut 9mm ply with any great speed, or should I go for 100W?
    2) Is it worth buying a spare laser tube? I've been advised that they last for 8000 - 10,000 hours.
    3) Should I also buy spare belts, mirrors and lenses?
    4) The thunderlaser systems are ~30% more money than the other brands. Is it worth paying the extra?
    5) The laser will be shipped to my nearest seaport (Hull, UK). Do you know if I can pick it up from the port or would I have to pay for delivery on my end?

Any other thoughts (positive and negative) are welcome.

Thanks, Peter.

Re: Buying advice - Chinese laser

I cut 9mm with an 80W fine, but usually biggest you can afford is a good way to go. I didn't buy a spare tube, still going strong on the first after a year or so and medium use, they can drop in price and get better too, plus there is always the hassle storing it. I bought a tube for another project and it shipped in a few days.

In the usa we had to use a broker to get it, they'd let us pick up put only after the broker, which is most of the fees, dunno about blighty.

our gk weike has been just fine, i see no reason to pay an extra 30%, ours cuts the materials the laser can handle, in the way and speed we want it too. Its not the greatest software in the world, but i've yet to see that anywhere.

same thing for spares, they're generally pretty easy to get, i would change out the mirrors for some better quality ones though.

1)80w is fine, and 80w can do engraving better than 100w
    2)If your work can not be stopped to wait for tube replacement( about a week), a spare tube is suggested. And we have 50% discount for a spare laser tube. Though w2 is stable tube, seldom problem, many customers choose to buy a spare one.
    3) mirrors and lens are useful. Especially a different focial length len
    4)...:(
    5)You need to pay a little port charge fee when you pick up from your port if cif term.
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

1. if you want greater speed, you can choose 100w laser tube, it also can be used for engraving.
    2. their advise is always over real working hours, you can buy a spare tube.
    3. it's better for buy spare parts
    4. not worth paying the extra
    5. yes, you have to pay for delivery on my end

Smile my advise

1. if you want greater speed, you can choose 100w laser tube, it also can be used for engraving.
    2. their advise is always over real working hours, you can buy a spare tube.
    3. it's better for buy spare parts
    4. not worth paying the extra
    5. yes, you have to pay for delivery on my end

This is Shelly from GWEIKE laser. We are manufacturer of laser machines. Anyone who is planning to buy a laser machine can contact me [email protected] +8618615219714. We have machine for cutting metal and for nonmetal. Wood, acrylic, MDF, leather, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass and so on materials. working area we have is 600*400mm, 1300*900mm, 1300*2500mm, 3000*1500mm, 4000*2000mm and so on. Welcome inquiry.